1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Barbarians

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by matlajs, Sep 15, 2016.

1. matlajs

matlajs King

I just feel sorry for barbarians, since they just spawn 2-3 camps on any discovered location from game start and then they dissapear except ,,Raiding cs quest'' . Why they are so weak in this mod, is it just bcoz Authority would become so much powerfull? Why they dont spawn era-relevant units, when they are so lucky to get chance spawn somewhere. even with Rage barbarians there is no diference.

2. Gothic_Empire

Gothic_Empire AKA, Ramen Empire

Spawn more land if you want harder barbarians. Lowering the sea level of a communitas map does the trick, but you can also try the "Tilted Axis" map.

3. matlajs

matlajs King

spawn more land- ye its obvious, but bigger issue in my eye is they dont spawn units up to date'' :D they sack cs, which, if i understand that well, should work like barb encampment, but it spawns just brutes, or few eras obsolete units.

4. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

*Insert Barbarian Evolved link or something*

5. matlajs

matlajs King

is it working with CBO? im not in shape trying another adition to CBP yet, but will probably give a try to it few games later. also how hard it is actually?

6. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

I don't know actually. I remembered in its original form it was working great and was purely simple. Now it's some sort of mess... but the creator claims it's compatible.

7. steemroller

steemroller Chieftain

Seems to work through 200 turns of current game play. Barbarians are way more tenacious, for sure, but primarily oriented at attacking city states. I've had little trouble with them bothering me (on Immortal setting).

8. grmagne

grmagne Warlord

On the Barbarians Evolved steam workshop page, it says: I highly recommend you use either the custom DLL preset or minimal presets if using the Community Balance patch

Did you have any problems with this? If it's intuitive to use & compatible with Vox Populi then I totally want to check it out :)

9. steemroller

steemroller Chieftain

Yes, I used the custom DLL preset. I tweaked several of the settings in the configuration of the mod. Select the "Custom" selection after the mods have loaded to access those specific to the Barbarians Evolved mod.

10. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Yup, I can confirm it is working. I played only 1 game and it was fun. Although I should have tweaked some settings because the barbs were actually too many and too aggressive for AI civs to handle. The cities were falling to Barbs left and right. It was fun though. I will give it another go soon.

11. Iamblichos

Iamblichos Prince

I kind of agree with the OP, the Barbarians are boring and not much of a threat to Civ building. I like a lot of the intentions of the Barbarians Evolved mechanic. Perhaps we should look into some of its features. Instead of Barb's cratering into adjacent city tiles, I like the idea of barb's capturing cities.

12. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

It would be more reallistic if after some turns of controlling a city or being in control of more than one city, those barbarians give birth to a new civ not already present in game (like most civs ;))

13. matlajs

matlajs King

that sounds well, but which one it should be, based on what? also where they should start in techs and sp? could be complicated.

14. Gothic_Empire

Gothic_Empire AKA, Ramen Empire

That sounds fun.

15. matlajs

matlajs King

it could be little based on type of cs. all civs could be related to some cs(faith,culture,military, mercantile), however absolutely have no idea about maritime.

16. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Ilteroi fixed some bugs in the barb AI in the latest, and I fixed an RNG issue that led to slower-than-vanilla spawning for barbs. Best try that before we move on something more advanced.

G

17. Iamblichos

Iamblichos Prince

I can see us doing something here as we wind down. I mean you still have to stave off boredom. ;)