Barbarians

chickenx4

Prince
Hey one time heard in civ 4 there's is a Barbarians civilization it some guy that was modding the game now back on civ 3 when I was looking at the civs in the editor there was a Barbarian chiefdom civ as what I now is that you can't play it probably the civ is hardcoded but is it possible that you can add Barbarians spawners,cities or rename the Barbarians to an different name and change their units

You can have both a barbarian civ and a nature civ if you use a pre-set map.

Have them each in an independently locked alliance against everyone. Place both of their cities around the word in various locations. Give the barbarians a limited set of units and limited technological development. Give the nature civ wild animal units and natural disaster units. Prevent them from producing buildings by selecting “build never” in the civ screen.

I have been poking around with the idea of a Barbarian Civilization, and there are a couple of ways to produce units.

One is setting up a series of special building for the Barbarians which can only build Barbarians units, and then auto-produce them.

The other is to let the Barbarians have cities and workers and produce selected units in the normal way.

The spawning from Barbarian Camps is apparently hard-coded, and Barbarian behavior varies depending on the Game Version that you are playing, and from a couple of tests that I have done, it also varies depending on which era you start the game.

I am pretty sure that the Barbarians are hard-coded in the game. The only way to play as a Barbarian is convert one of the existing civilizations into a Barbarian one.

Well you can do the hard coded stuff in steph's editor with what I use

I will see what can be done using Steph's Editor, which I have, and also Quintillus' editor. The last time I use Quintillus' editor to work on a mod, it basically converted the Barbarians to Sedentary, so I would have to see if that is still the case. Steph's editor at one time affected the Barbarians as well.

I can tell you how make a biq work in steph's editor

1.go to quintillus's editor to make a map and save
2.go to steph's editor to import the biq
3.and there you have it

Actually, I normally generate a map in the C3 Conquests editor, and see if it is what I want. I add any modification needed, and after saving it, run it through Steph's editor on my Windows laptop. Then I save to a flash drive, and load it onto my Mac laptop for a look at in Quintillus' editor. I use one of my existing mods to generate the map.

Well in my mod I'm planning to make a task force 322 from goanimate vs the federation from battle garegga

anyways I was thinking how to I make a custom map work in civ 3 after using stephs editor

there is my mod I'm try to replace years to days

edit:Uploaded a file

Attachments

• My first map.zip
    277.2 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
I made the barbarians available to the mongols as Hidden Nationality units.
They won't take cities in peace, but anything else they will.

And how do I make them playable there's only 2 playable civs in my mod I renamed the barbarians to element humanoids and I would need some custom leaderheads for my mod in two of the civs which is angry kid and nemesis chan Since flicster halted me when. I have the dlls is there any free pcx to flc program beside flicster

Last edited:
Top Bottom