Barbarossa II - eastern front

I made a civ3 mod about the war on the eastern front (1941-1945).

It contains 7 civilizations (nations) : Germany, USSR of course but also
Romania, Hungary, Finland, Italia and Bulgaria. All those countries were
involved in this conflict that lasted 4 years.

This scenario has specific new units, original graphics, ...This is not only
a "wargame", research and diplomacy are very important.
Victory conditions are not the same: if you play a major nation (germany, ussr)
you have to conquer and win by domination, if you play a minor nation you have
to build a wonder to win by diplomacy.
The order of battle in the game are as historically accurate as i can, and you will
find principal materials and weapons which were used on the eastern front.

I hope you will enjoy this game. Comments, ideas are always wellcome.

Civilopedia is in french for now but i hope someone will help me to translate it in english.

This scenario has some new units and original graphics.
You can find preview and indications for the download there:

http://www.stormoverciv.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10

And you will find the first patch for this mod here (including 5 new scenarios):
http://rapidshare.com/files/86782448/Barbarossa-Eastern-Front-Patch1.rar

This patch should be extract in the directory "scenarios" or "conquests" depending where you have installed the mod Barbarossa Eastern Front (directory named EST)

A recommendation: do not play in solo, scenarios adapted for pbem. If you do so, your game will freeze after several turns.

this mod looks good but i cant download it. ur link keeps asking me to login but im not part of that site

This is a very promising mod with tons of interesting ideas and seven (!) different tech-trees. The mod is really worth the efforts to download it. General-jcl, I wish you and the WW2-interested civers the best with this mod. :thumbsup: :clap: :goodjob:

So at present it is somewhat difficult to download this mod. You must register at the Stormoverciv-Site (as a protection against spam-robots).
This registration is free. At that site at the moment the C3C-scenarios Storm Over Europe (SOE), The Cold War II (TCW II) and AOI II are in development. So a view,par example, in the public SOE forum could be interesting too.

At that site you get a link to a readme-file with the download-links to that mod. To unzip these files you need the new winzip 11 (it seems, that older versions of winzip or winrar don´t work).

Thank you guys !

I'm sorry it's a little difficult to download it for now. :sad:

Follow the indications given by Civinator, they are exact. :goodjob:
I will make today a winrar version of the package for people who don't have winzip 11.

@mirc : the game should work perfectly on an english version (on every version i think also)

For people who cannot extract the files in winzip format

I have made a new package in winrar format

You can get it following the link indicated in the firts post of this page

@mirc : the game should work perfectly on an english version (on every version i think also)

Great then!! :D

A small nitpick about Romania: don't name that city "Drobeta Turnu". It's full name is "Drobeta Turnu Severin", but if that's too long you should either call it "Severin" or "Turnu Severin". "Drobeta Turnu" is the only combination that doesn't make sense in Romanian. :) Also "Izmayl" is the Ukrainian name of that city. In WW2, the city was in Romania and had a population of over 90% Romanian (it still has about 45% Romanians to this day), and was part of Romania, just as you show it there. I would call it "Ismail", which is that Romanian name, not the Russian name.

I can't log in properly to the site :s

I have no idea what i did wrong, i registerd but can't seem to log in....

any help?

is there an english version?

Not at the moment. But if you know the history of WW2, this scenario is self-explaining without proper knowledge of the French language.

The loading time on my pc for this huge scenario was only 1 1/2 minutes and the first turns were great fun. :thumbsup: :clap: :hatsoff: I forgot, that I can´t speak French well. The graphic of a Panzer IV is the same in French as it is in English. :lol:

hello!

For some reason, i cannot register! The forum says:

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

You do not have permission to view this board

I´ve tried a few times with different nicknames and passwords, but it does not work :(

Can´t you just upload it to another site, i.e. 3D Downloads?

Tobert

@Tobert: it seems you don't create an account. Look at the bottom of the screen there's a link "create a new account".
Create your account there (it's free) then you will see the forum where you can download the game
Anyway i will mention your problem to the webmaster

@sparkles123:there's only a french version for now. I'm looking for someone who can help me to translate the civilopedia in english.
But as said Civinator, if you know ww2 you can easily play the game without understanding all what is writing

hello!

I´ve tried a few times with different nicknames and passwords, but it does not work :(

Tobert

Try again. I made some changes to the site now so that after you join up you can see all the public forums.

hello!

Tobert

I would like to try out your Scenario but I'm having the same problem as Tobert. I tried registering a couple different times using various screen names, passwords, and email addresses, but nothing worked. I also suggest putting your Scenario on 3D Downloads to make it simpler to download.

By the way, you may have already seen my Scenario: "Barbarossa update: Play as the Germans against a STRONG Soviet AI" at http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=5470997#post5470997
Feel free to use any ideas from that Mod. If it would help your Mod, go ahead and copy the units, buildings, civilopedia entries, etc.

I tried but it was a no go:( Did the same things as last two posters, but it failed.:cry:

Please post it elswhere, so I can down load it.:please:

Top Bottom