1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Barbarossa: The War in the East 1941-1945

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by Sarevok, Aug 15, 2004.

?

What do you think of this Scenario?

1. Excellent

67.8%
  2. Good

23.0%
  3. Ok

4.4%
  4. Bad

4.7%
  1. Rocoteh

Rocoteh Deity

The Tankograd problem have been solved in version 1.3a.

List of changes:

1. Added Soviet Resource near Chelyabinsk.

2. Tankograd is now is now present at start in Chelyabinsk.
    It requires the Soviet Resource.

3. Deleted the NKVD HQ Wonder.

4. Added Wonders in 5 Soviet cities near the border with Germany to
    decrease the risk that AI will raze them:

Bialystok
    Grodno
    Kishinev
    Lublin
    Lutsk
    Lvov

5. It will now only take 1 turn to clear damage.

6. Corrected spelling for Lublin and Kishinev.

You can now only download Barbarossa 1.3a at:

http://www.stormoverciv.net/forums/showthread.php?t=521

July 27 2008.

Rocoteh

2. The Loser

The Loser King

hm, these look like nice changes!
    Can we expect more changes on units, balance,....?

I'm happy to play this renewed one again!

3. Rocoteh

Rocoteh Deity

The Loser,

Given I find time there will probably be more updates.

Rocoteh

4. Luthor_Saxburg

Luthor_Saxburg Vassal of Civilization

I got a problem with a missing file:
    "art\civilopedia\icons\units\Wirbelwindsmall.pcx"

5. Rocoteh

Rocoteh Deity

Luthor Saxburg,

I will check this problem.

Rocoteh

6. ShdwPrpht86

ShdwPrpht86 Chieftain

I also have run into this missing file error...I just downloaded this scenario today...Im assuming as long as I dont view the civilopedia that I can just keep playing.

7. Rocoteh

Rocoteh Deity

Yes that is right.

There are no other bugs that will trigger a crash.

Rocoteh

8. BEERPACK

BEERPACK General Chaos

One of my most favorite scenarios! I remember playing this map against my friend few years back. He was Germany and I was Russia. Basically he started stalling out around Moscow. I got the good motorized infantry 10-20 turns before he started getting close to Moscow. We never finished it past that point. Main thing I remember was his stacks of 50-100+ coming at me. I'd just throw my tanks at him with some success... Thanks for great memories!

9. Q Paladin

Q Paladin Chieftain

I'm not sure how to do screen shots, but I have played this scenario a few times. I started the first time a Colonel level, just to gauge the AI, after 5 turns I stopped and went to LT Gen. I'm beginning a Field Marshall level game next week. I don't know a lot of the lingo used here but I will endeavor to give a report on my current campaign (turn 40 and I'm almost to Astrakhan), I should be completely done by turn 50.

Reichsmarshall Von Schmitt's Nershmeiser Trap
    (a.k.a. Uncle Satan's Butt Hook)

I kept a few records and have found that...

A.I. is ******** for the most part, it makes attacks that are easily squashed.

I have used the Nershmeiser Trap and it works every time. Nershmeiser is a name for German soldiers in the movie "Big Red One". I use most of my armor and TD battalions in the Baltic States region. A static defense in the south with incremental armor increases will draw a lot of attention once northern counter-attacks are destroyed. By turn 10 I was pounding Leningrad with my massive artillery section, and 2 of my three corps. My early Corp consist of 2 Panzer III's and 1 SS Panzergrenadier Divisions. Once all cities north of Moscow are firm in my control (turn 20), my 6 corp received SS Tiger tanks to fill out the final slot in the corp formation.

My objective is to get the Soviets to trade their armor for my Nershmeiser (draftable)

Nershmesier Draft schedule
    turn before draft after draft
    1 111 117
    5 98 127
    10 107 135
    15 114 161
    20 135 183
    25 153 201
    30 180 212
    35 185 219

I must say that I didn't take very good care of all of my Luftwaffe assets, by turn thirty I have no bombers at all. On the plus side, I haven't loss a single Me-109....ever. Also by turn 35 I am moving so fast that I'm forced to park my artillery because it slows me down. At this point I have a 3 to one armor advantage, and between 25 and thirty Panzergrenadier Divisions (SS Pzg included). At turn 40 I have 15 Corp, and control 57% of the population.

By attacking north and linking Finland I maximize my armor, and artillery advantage, while minimizing the front needed to cover. The capture of Leningrad with it's Tankograd is a nice benefit, I use the armor made here for scouting. Standing astride the Urals, I stop for a few turns to allow re-consolidation of armor, and Moscow falls by Christmas.

The center is critical for defense, taking Lvov and Bialystock by the 3rd turn creates a detour (Priphet Marshes) and keeps Soviets counter attacks widely dispersed. Pinsk, Mogliev, Smolensk, are filled with dead men (my term for Soviet infantry), approach with care...and lots of artillery. Once Smolensk falls you can then maneuver south, but not before Moscow falls.

I've found once you take Moscow it's just a matter of time. I attacked Moscow with 40 artillery, 5 Corp, and 20 additional armor divisions. A round of bombardment before attack is probably a good idea if you are looking to keep casualties low.

I made a count, and have 44 elite Nershmeiser including one that made a great leader.

I set my research to tanks first and foremost. Next Increased resistance to gain Intell and SS HQ. After that I went to Army Reconstruction to gain 4th Corp slot, then to Early Aircraft.

To date it hasn't taken longer than 52 turns for me to turn the Soviet Union into a memory. I really dig this scenario, and when I play my field marshal game, I'll try and get some screen shots, and hopefully it will make more sense. Thank you to the scenario designers, I had a blast....

Deo Vindice Veritas
    -Paladin

10. Adler17

Adler17 Prussian Feldmarschall

As Rocoteh is not posting here any more, please go to www.stormoverciv.net, where you can contact him directly.

Adler

11. Sarevok

Sarevok Civ3 Scenario Creator

He might not be, but...

...Someone is in the middle of a very big download right now.

:D

12. BEERPACK

BEERPACK General Chaos

Playing Field Marshal difficulty game with Germany right now. Doing pretty good. I have pretty much been stalled in the Baltic but plan on sending my new troops there to pick up the pace. Trying to take care of the cities north of Moscow first (link up Finland/take Leningrad). I am against the use of armies (since computer fails to use them) and I have had several leaders which I just rush building improvements with.

13. Robert the 1st

Robert the 1st Chieftain

You can i install this scenarios in CIV III Complete? Is there a readme file?

14. Sarevok

Sarevok Civ3 Scenario Creator

If memory serves, there is one in the download file, or its in the first post.

Oh, and shameless bump. ;P

15. Bengal Tiger

Bengal Tiger Emperor

I'm not complaining, I must have missed this(it became stagnant before I joined). I just got the Biq, but all the axis civs are all under one country, "Axis Powers." Weren't they supposed to be seperated into Finland, Hungary, Romania, etc? I didn't see any other Biq, so unless I'm missing something...

16. Aplnut

Aplnut Chieftain

Thanks to all for putting together one great scenario, especially Rocoteh and Sarevok. Beautiful job guys.

Did anyone ever find a fix for "art\civilopedia\icons\units\Wirbelwindsmall.pcx"?

17. rilnator

rilnator Emperor

Hey guys, downloaded the game and it said: missing entry in text/Pedialcons.txtAnimname_prto_sid.

Ans wouldn't work. Wussap?

18. Divaythsarmour

Divaythsarmour Adventurer

I'm a beginner to adding a scenario to the game. I really want to try this one as I've always wanted to know what would have happened if _____________________. I believe I've followed the instructions correctly. When I do so, I can't find the scenario when I open the game. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I'm using Civlization Complete and playing on Windows 7 Pro. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this to work?
    thanks,:)

19. Angelle

Angelle Chieftain

Did you put the biq file into the "Scenario" folder or the "Conquest" folder. You should put it into the "conquest" folder.

20. Divaythsarmour

Divaythsarmour Adventurer

Thanks Angelle. I'll look for that file. I assume it's in the file called "East" not the art and text file, correct?