Barbarossa: The War in the East 1941-1945

What do you think of this Scenario?

• Total voters
I finally got this scenario going. Wow!!!! :D

I played around with the first turn a couple of times and felt too exposed to the counter attacks. I lost way too many units. It's as if my moves too closely resembled what the Germans did. Since there's no need to be concerned about enemy flanking manouvers in Civ, I'm going to try it again stacking the units together more.

I also want to spend more time studying the Civilopedia. I was making horrible use of units because I didn't understand their strengths and weaknesses.

I have to say that this scenario brings a whole new life to this game! It's really cool!

I chose to play this scenario at the Brig General level. I found it to be much harder in the first few moves than it is on the approach to Moscow. I'm curious to know how difficulty level effects the play in this scenario.

I sense that no one is reading these posts. After all, I'm writing about a scenario for a 10 year old game. ;)

OK, I'll do that at the next opportunity.

I'll describe the latest... It's January 1942 and I've taken Moscow. It's interesting how similar that timing is to actual history. Wehrmacht troops were in visual distance (maybe 20 miles) of Moscow before the Soviet counter offensive.

That timing is the only similarity between this scenario and history. I'm in a much stronger position now than I was at the start of the scenario. I didn't have to deal with muddy roads and my tanks run like a charm in the coldest weeks of the Winter. ;)
I don't have to engage in pinzer movements to destroy Soviet divisions or worry about being flanked. My divisions don't have to be "resupplied."

I must have a stack of 50 artillery and 6 Panzer III army corps parked in Moscow. I've either taken Bryansk or am about too. It's easy to move troops from north to south on sections of railroad between the big Soviet citys. The Russians did destroy a lot of the railway lines around Moscow right before I captured the city, but I still have a line to Kalinen to the north.

I like this scenario, but it feels kind of boring at this point. Even if the Soviets could mount a strong counter offensive, I would just destroy it.

Yes, that's just the way these games tend to work. Once you get the upper hand, it's very, very rare that the AI mounts a comeback.

very good scenario now I just got it to run properly. I will try not to open the civilopedia so that it does not crash. Greetings from Latin America.

Well I see it has an update to 1.3a. That is/was at Stormover, now gone. Anyone have that update file and could you post it here? It should be small I would guess. Thanks.
Oh, is that all that is needed to be added, if you start on page one Arts folder and 1.3 file? I mean 73 pages is a bit long to try to find any items needed.

very good scenario now I just got it to run properly. I will try not to open the civilopedia so that it does not crash. Greetings from Latin America.

Hi does the pedia crash always on any item checked? Viewing from the pedia directly as well as from the item in game?

I did not find any errors. Sometimes there are errors due to the use of some German characters (Ü, Ö, Ä). Perhaps you will make a screen error?
I'm sorry, I don't know English)

Top Bottom