Barbary Corsairs

stachnie

Theorist
One of my favourite strategies was to get to Barbary Corsairs (and Privateers) ASAP, produce them in my military city (a lot of XP and some free promotions) and send in groups of 3 to block entire coasts of rival civs.

I have installed C2C v. 28, started a new game at Monarch (usually I play at Prince), after conquering neighbours, founding enough religions etc. I rushed to Astrolabe, started to build Corsairs and it turned out that now they are National units, I can build only 5 of them while I wanted to build MUCH more :wallbash:

S.

You could play with the Unlimited National Units option next time... I know it doesn't help this time around though.

Yes, I know. I can see the reasons behind this move (the strongest civ could spam pirate ships and cripple all opponents - I have done that in my previous game at Prince and just before my Cultural Victory my GNP was 10x greater than for the best rival) but if I knew that, I would change my strategy - especially that in this game my rivals were neck to neck with me.

S.

Top Bottom