Barbary Pirate achievement problems

Blanchflower

Prince
OK, I took the Ottomans and there is an achievement which says, "As Suleiman, accumulate a navy with 10 Barbarian naval units. I am sure I captured more than 10 barbarian naval units in my present game but I am still unable to unlock this achievement.

Moreover, before I started the game, I went and took a look at my log file and it says "Barbsnavalconverted is 6". I played as the Ottomans before so that was not a surprise. What was surprising is that this number remained at 6.

What am I doing wrong here? Must the Barbarian navy be all Galleries? Please help! Thanks!

:confused:

Firetuner is one of the programs you get when you download the SDK (standard developers kit?) that allows you to make custom maps and such. It allows you to cheat basically.

Using Firetuner or mods will disqualify you from getting any achievements during that game. That's why I asked. I have no idea what else may be wrong with your game.

This probably should have been posted in the bug reports section. Ask a mod to move it.

Firetuner is one of the programs you get when you download the SDK (standard developers kit?) that allows you to make custom maps and such. It allows you to cheat basically.

Using Firetuner or mods will disqualify you from getting any achievements during that game. That's why I asked. I have no idea what else may be wrong with your game.

No, I did not install Firetuner. By the way, whenever I destroy a Barbarian ship, 100% of the time, my ship is able to convert the Barbarian ship. I thought the success rate was 50%? Has this been changed with the patch?

It's possible they didn't account for the change in the method of Ottoman's capturing, and the code is looking for them being captured the old way, before Gods and Kings. Now, they switched it to giving every Ottoman melee ship the prize ships promotion that Privateers have.

I think this achievement is no longer compatible with the new G&K systems. There's also the Japanese one where you needs to kill a unit with a unit that has only 1 HP left, which is kind of hard with the new 100 HP system.

Anyone has any views about this?

Thanks!

:eek:

Could be busted since that aspect of the ottoman UA did get changed with G&K. I'm not sure on that.

The way the achievement is worded makes me think that you have to simultaneously possess 10 barbarian naval units as opposed to just capturing 10 over the course of the game. That could be the problem, though based on what you said about the log file I would guess it's G&K messing that one up. I've read that has happened to some other achievements too.

Could be busted since that aspect of the ottoman UA did get changed with G&K. I'm not sure on that.

The way the achievement is worded makes me think that you have to simultaneously possess 10 barbarian naval units as opposed to just capturing 10 over the course of the game. That could be the problem, though based on what you said about the log file I would guess it's G&K messing that one up. I've read that has happened to some other achievements too.

Thanks for the kind reply. So if I disable Gods and Kings, will the achievement work?

OK, I finally found a way to earn this achievement! I disabled Gods and Kings and played the Ottomans again! Then I got it after a few tries!

I think it should be noted that for some achievements to work, Gods and Kings should be disabled.

Thanks!

:D

Top Bottom