Barbs everywhere in PTW

I liked opening a hut full of barbs with a conscript Korean warrior and having them all run away instead of fighting. Same thing happened later with my king.

Even wierder, the king was right outside a Chinese city once and they didn't just kill him.

Cantankerous: he was serious. When this happens, you should get a message saying: we have heard rumours of a massive barbarian uprising near .... . Depending on the difficulty level, every hut spawns a certain number of barbarians. I was once attacked by 48 horsemen total from 4 different directions :eek:

Another poster I have forgotten who came up with the concept of a "barbarian farm" - leaving part of your local area dark so that barbs spring up and using barb combat to advance your units to elite status. I like that idea.

Originally posted by Sultan Bhargash
Another poster I have forgotten who came up with the concept of a "barbarian farm" - leaving part of your local area dark so that barbs spring up and using barb combat to advance your units to elite status. I like that idea.
A barbarian farm can also be a good cash cow in the ancient and middle ages.

Here's a screen shot of a barb farm before we had the wall to wall carpet installed:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads2/barb_farm.jpg

The current crop of cannon fodder is to the right near the logo watermark.

It is key to remember that barbs are like mushrooms, they grow best in the dark so you you need to get in, whack em, and then get out so the new crop will grow. The best farm has roads and some railroads by the time you get to the later game.

Farms are more valuable in the earlier game because the camp bounty does not go up from 25 gold per massacre.

In the early game, your idiot allies and enemies will keep messing up your barb farm with stupid worthless settlements if you do not blockade your own roads.

Originally posted by jack merchant
Cantankerous: he was serious. When this happens, you should get a message saying: we have heard rumours of a massive barbarian uprising near .... . Depending on the difficulty level, every hut spawns a certain number of barbarians. I was once attacked by 48 horsemen total from 4 different directions :eek:

Learn sumpin' new every day...

I've had many occasions where I got a message about massive barbarian uprisings, but I never put two and two together to realize that it had anything to do with a second civ entering the Medieval Age.

Thanks for the info!

Anytime the AI gets more intelligent, barbarians included, the better! Also, like Cantankerous, I had not made the connection that the barbarian uprisings were triggered by a second civ entering the Medieval Age. Thanks guys!

Top Bottom