Barbs paradise

@ Pedro :
Spoiler :
Short answer : I didn't have the manpower to scout East, yet.
We start in the southern part of the map, warrior is north of the settler, Hemispheres continents typically go along the N-S axis.
--> Warrior scouting to the north, initially, has the most chances to meet a neighbour. I turned back after meeting Cathy and spotting the isthmus.
--> Got a thourough northern scout early on, went back along the Western coast and started scouting SW.
By that time I had spotted 3 city spots, decided on my 2nd city location and started producing a settler.
--> 1 warrior is garrisoned in size 5 capital ; about 2 warriors are needed protect the 2nd city site ; only 1 warrior remains free for eastern exploration.
Couldn't go very far.
The South-East is where all of the heat came from.

I didn't fogbust anything but the locations I wanted to settle.
Fogbusting, if you wanna be thourough, requires a lot of units and is very costly.
(Fogbust = static unit, right ?) Had a unit by city 2 spot turns earlier.
By 2000BC, I have a warrior getting in position in the SW desert just now. And a couple of warriors are trying to gain some terrain in the SE but that's just regular defence/exploration.
I assume it's very lucky that Russia sends a lot of units to our north and the jungle isn't a danger area.

I see. But 2-3 barbs Archers coming in from the East would screw you up big time right? (If not game over :D). I understand your strategy, but I feel like it still requires a little bit of luck - a bad rng roll could kill your game. I like the idea of settling towards the coast to secure one direction though :)

@El Bogus I don't know... it's probably counted as a river tile

Top Bottom