Baron and Varulv

Granix

Chieftain
So right now with the latest version of RifE it seems that the Baron is unable to build Varulv. If someone could point me towards what makes the Baron unit unable to be built if the Baron leader is in play, or to where it says only Baron can build Varulv, I would appreciate it.

Baron Duin Halfmorn is the werewolf. He is both a leader for the Doviello, and a unit that is buildable when you get Feral Bond. There is some type of code that is supposed to make it so that if the leader Baron is in the game, that the unit cannot be built by anyone, while he will be able to build Varulv, who is essentially a copy of the Baron. However, while the code does prevent the Baron (unit) from being built is the Baron (leader) is selected, Varulv is still not buildable by him.

If it help, you can find the stats for both in CIV4UnitInfos.xml, but I can't find the code that deals with whether or not he can be built.

Ok, I didn't realize you meant Baron Duin Halfmorn, and with this info I might be able to fix it for you.

Yea. my friends I play with all just refer to him as the Baron, since as far as we know he's the only Baron in the game.

Peronsally, I think the whole idea is kind of clunky. Everyone has the chance to build the Baron (unit), unless someone happen to pick him as a leader. The fact that who a player (or even worse an AI) picks will change the value of a tech does not seem right to me. It would be like if someone picked the dwarves no one else could build Bambur. Of course this way also has the added clunkiness of the Baron leading the Doviello in one game, while the Baron (unit) could be fighting against them in another.

Top Bottom