1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Base/Assets? Not there?

Discussion in 'Mod Creation Help' started by Ghiaman1334, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Ghiaman1334

Ghiaman1334 Chieftain

Soooo, things I've been using to help build my mod have been talking about using the Base/Assets folder in the Civilization VI folder on my computer to get icons/art/models/code etc. However, I have checked time and time again in my folder and I don't have a Base folder. My folder jumps to 'Cache'. So what do I do now? I know it seems like a 'What can I even do?' sort of question, and I know there's nothing you can do to magic up a folder, I'm just asking - should I scour these forums for snippets of code? I should also make my own art, right? That'd reduce my dependence on the assets. Should I just beg for help when I need it? What's the play here?

2. LeeS

LeeS Imperator Supporter

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets
    has all the sub-folders with art assets, lua files that run the UI, xml files that define the base game's leaders and civs, etc.​

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Configuration\Data
    has all the xml files with the base game definitions of civs, leaders, player-items, etc for everything that is "Pre-Game" (ie, the set-up menus and the civs/leaders that can be selected for gameplay)​

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Gameplay\Data
    has all the files with the base game definitions of buildings, improvements, etc for everything that is "In-Game"​

If you are using a Mac these game folders are at a slightly different location under "Libraries" as I understand it

3. Ghiaman1334

Ghiaman1334 Chieftain

What if I don't have a 'Steam' file in my 'Program Files'?

4. LeeS

LeeS Imperator Supporter

5. Ghiaman1334

Ghiaman1334 Chieftain

I'm on Windows. I used a CD to install the game. I have Steam, and I use the Steam window to open the game mostly, however I can't find the folder.

6. Ghiaman1334

Ghiaman1334 Chieftain

Oh I'm stupid, I didn't look in the x86, just regular Program Files. Sorry to worry you. You can tell the extent to which I know about computing is acknowledging where the on button is, can't you?