Base gifted including an enemy's unit..

Weakling

Chieftain
Hi, after a long forum abstinence (originally here for Civ IV) I'm back here with a wee question regardang Alpha Centauri (got it from GOG recently).

I was at war with Deirdre and Miriam, who then conquered a base from me. Deirdre then later offered me to conclude a treaty of friendship with her in exchange for me getting the base back - since I play pretty pacifically (University of Planet) I was glad to accept. Now for the catch: there's still a Believer unit in there, and I don't know how to attack it? Worst of all, it seems to be long-range fire unit now attacking my enhancements :crazyeye:

Am I just missing how to attack enemy units in my own bases or is this a bug or an insidious feature? :D

It's a bug, I was able to reproduce it. Happens when there are pact units in base you're trading. It really should kick those out when you trade, should be fairly easy to fix. Will make a note to look into it.

If you want to fix this without cheating, upload your saved game and I'll remove units for you.

Thanks for the quick reply and the offer, I have attached the savegame, the base in question is Redemption Base at the Southwest of my "Empire" :)

And yeah I think the only possibility is that they had a pact, otherwise the unit couldn't have been in another faction's base in the first place!

Attachments

• as.SAV
    305.3 KB · Views: 127
Thanks for the fix!

And yeah Buster's Uncle, I had already thought about employing artillery too but decided to ask if this was intended first.

Top Bottom