Base Production

Cunaxa

Chieftain
Hi everyone,

I bought CiV last week and I really like it so far (I only played Civ1 before which was one of my first and favorite pc games ever). But there is something I don't understand:

In my current game I can investigate some cities of the persian empire through espionage, but for some of those cities i just don't understand the base production value. In the attached screenshot for example, it shows the city of Tureng Tepe with a base production of 10. But when i count the hammers on the 10 worked tiles i only get 7 hammers...! What am I missing?! :crazyeye:

EDIT: Right after I posted this thread I found the answer myself after counting hammers for like 20 minutes :goodjob: I thought when you can investigate the city you have vision of all the worked tiles but obviously thats not true for the greyed out ones... PROBLEM SOLVED

Attachments

• WhereAreTheHammersFrom.JPG
    WhereAreTheHammersFrom.JPG
    182.4 KB · Views: 194
Well, Cunaxa, sorry I didn't get here in time to answer your question, but welcome to CFC! :band:

Well, Cunaxa, sorry I didn't get here in time to answer your question, but welcome to CFC! :band:

It's ok TMM, we all understand how busy being a Dictator can be. So many heads, so little time :mischief:.

Cunaxa > Are you sure the problem is solved ? The city has 13 citizens and the text on the left indeed says 14 worked tiles (13 + city center). And you can see the 14 tiles.
Do you by any chance play on a high level? If so, the AI may get some bonus. But I'm not sure it displays in the city screen. Can someone tell me at least if I'm wrong counting indeed 7 hammers in 14 tiles ?

I think the two greyed tiles may have workshops on them.

@ JujuLautre & STEINMAN1000:

Lennier is right! The left one of the two greyed tiled has a workshop by now and thus produces 4 hammers (not 1 food + 1 hammer as shown in the screenshot). When I first explored the area (or traded maps with the AI, I don't remember) the workshop wasn't there already.. Now when I investigate the city I can see the worked tiles but I can't see if the AI has built improvements on those tiles in the meantime and that's why the tiles are greyed in the screenshot.

EDIT: The attached file shows the city screen after I explored that area a second time.

Attachments

• HammerTime.JPG
    HammerTime.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 63
Aah ok, got it now. I did not notice some of the worked tiles were grey. Thanks for the explanation.
I thought that if you can see the inner of a city you would automatically see its worked tiles, but it is not the case then.

Top Bottom