Base Unit Support Cost?

I was wondering, since it started to have an effect on me, when do units stop being freely supported and start costing gold to support? I'm assuming there's some kind of formula to it involving the number of cities you have (which I'd assume is further influenced by civic choices - hence why I say "base"), but I was hoping someone can fill me in.

I was wondering, since it started to have an effect on me, when do units stop being freely supported and start costing gold to support? I'm assuming there's some kind of formula to it involving the number of cities you have (which I'd assume is further influenced by civic choices - hence why I say "base"), but I was hoping someone can fill me in.

Try the second section here:

http://www.civfanatics.com/civ4/strategy/unit_maintenance.php

The 'War academy' for base Civ (and BtS) is still good for basic questions like this!

Best wishes,

Breunor

Cheers. I did wonder to myself if it'd have been better to ask in the basic Civ4 forums but I wasn't sure if FFH2 had tweaked anything in this regard.

Edit: Wow. That was a lot more complicated than I had anticipated :eek:

Ah, I haven't visited the War Academy in quite some time. Brings back fond memories.

Top Bottom