Basic q re district adjacency bonuses

Stringer1313

Emperor
I had a basic q about district adjacency bonuses. Do additional bonuses apply AFTER you build the district? So like if you build a IZ with a +2 adjacency bonus then later put two mines around, it, does it become +3?

I would ordinarily just test this out myself but because UI is terrible I don't even know how to check what my adjacency bonuses are.

I had a basic q about district adjacency bonuses. Do additional bonuses apply AFTER you build the district? So like if you build a IZ with a +2 adjacency bonus then later put two mines around, it, does it become +3?

Yes. The only (no-district) exception is the Vampire Castle, which boni are freezed in the moment you place it. Everything else, be it district or improvement, "reacts" if you change adjacent tiles.

Yes. You can check current adjacencies in the Empire lens - mouse over the respective icon and the tooltip will show you the breakdown. It is always shown before card bonuses apply, so if you run some +100% adjacency card, the Empire lens will not reflect that.

I would ordinarily just test this out myself but because UI is terrible I don't even know how to check what my adjacency bonuses are.
I think if you raise a District's Adjacency Bonus after it's built, you don't get the Historic Moment and Era Score for building a Splendid District, so there's at least one reason to build Mines or Lumber Mills before the IZ is completed. Also, iirc the tooltip shows the District's total (base) yield, not just its Adjacency Bonus. Off the top of my head, I can't think of when that would matter, but just be aware of it, I guess.

I think if you raise a District's Adjacency Bonus after it's built, you don't get the Historic Moment and Era Score for building a Splendid District, so there's at least one reason to build Mines or Lumber Mills before the IZ is completed. Also, iirc the tooltip shows the District's total (base) yield, not just its Adjacency Bonus. Off the top of my head, I can't think of when that would matter, but just be aware of it, I guess.

Ugh thanks for pointing out it shows total not just adjacency. I wasn't even aware of the Empire lens before. Thank you!

Top Bottom