Basium, the Techwhore

I think no tech brokering is kind of silly

Tech brokering is how i keep from being on the bottom of the stack. I trade techs to one civ then trade the ones i just got to another and gett most of the techs that way.

To the OP, I normally giv my vassals all of my techs anyway, so its not really a problem for me. I find that they don't do anything but be a burden otherwise.

Tech brokering is how i keep from being on the bottom of the stack. I trade techs to one civ then trade the ones i just got to another and gett most of the techs that way.

To the OP, I normally giv my vassals all of my techs anyway, so its not really a problem for me. I find that they don't do anything but be a burden otherwise.

While I personally like to keep my vassals a little dumb and crippled (shadow workout zones), the problem I had was with the vassal or Basium giving away the techs to a non-vassal. As an example, I was playing the elohim, and finished The Draw. That put me up against Arendel Phaedra hellbent on recreating some ICS mithril-having unit-spam. Furthermore, she was four or five techs ahead of me thanks to some stupid ally gifting her all my techs. Thankfully, I had saved Sanctuary, so it wasn't a problem, but she still managed to get Blood of the Phoenix built.

All I care about is having my vassals able to defend somewhat so that they act like airbags against other invaders.

Vassals especially should have very limited choices in diplomacy. At least if they capitulated.

I find that the only reason I ever allow another civ to live once we enter war is for their precious mana. Really, that's it. I've never had a vassal be useful in any other way, not once. I end up having to garrison their capital anyway, since the spice, err, mana must flow.

I find that the only reason I ever allow another civ to live once we enter war is for their precious mana. Really, that's it. I've never had a vassal be useful in any other way, not once. I end up having to garrison their capital anyway, since the spice, err, mana must flow.

Hehe, that was good! To my surprize, however, once, my Elohim capitulated Vassal, conquered a city that was given to me!! Too pity it was too far away to guard it, and lost it next turn! :lol::lol::lol:

Incorrect. Pravin Lal made the original statement "Blah, blah, wossy things about sharing tech and everyone being friends, very in keeping with my UN agenda". This is Morgan's fictional reply, very in keeping with his agenda to buy the Universe.

Whoops, I understand what you meant now.

/slinksoff

Top Bottom