1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

BAT, CustomAssets, and other assorted questions

Discussion in 'Civ4 - BTS Unaltered Gameplay (BUG, BAT and BULL)' started by hIdDeN_eViL, Jul 31, 2008.

1. hIdDeN_eViL

hIdDeN_eViL {кοтоя дѕѕαѕѕїй}²

Is it possible to run BAT from customassets instead of as a mod? When i tried, the game ctd whenever my first settler makes a city.

The fact that it only crashes after I settle seemed a bit strange...

Right now i'm running as autoload mod, but would really rather have it in custom assets.

Another problem... whenever I run BAT, I ctd whenever I exit a game. Not load or save a game, but only when I exit a game (=exit to main menu or exit to desktop).

Considering no one else is complaining, I'm willing to put it down to vista/laptop/graphics issue - buts if so, its very odd that it only happens when BAT is loaded.

Because the crashes are straight to desktop, the log files don't seem to reveal much. There definitely isn't any python error and call stack to speak of.

Finally, does BlueMarble conflict? BM seems to be offering alot of other crap other than just the terrain graphics. I was wondering if any of its 'themes' and other install options conflict (with BAT OR BUG)?

thanks for any help with above issues. (and for a great collection of mods!)

2. EmperorFool

EmperorFool Deity

I can't speak as confidently about BAT (e.g. I still think you have to install it as a mod since it uses modular XML loading which only works with mods).

However, BUG and BM work great together. I use them both. The one issue is that BM changes the font (typeface and size). While not causing any problems, it does cause some visual goofiness like the promotions for units in the PLE hover pane to overlap the unit's health and movement.

I will address these issues shortly, hopefully for the 3.1 release.

3. alerum68

alerum68 Priest of Hiroshima

BAT and BM have no conflicts. EF is correct that it needs to be in the Mods folder because it is modular. You'd have to merge the modular components with the rest of the Mod to play it in the CustomAssets folder.

I too have had problems with CTDs with BAT, and I'm fairly sure it's related to me running Vista as well. I've asked, and seen no replies from anyone else about BAT crashing. It is not only BAT, but a few other mods I have played with. It seems to have stopped since I updated to 3.17, but I haven't played any large games to find out.

4. hIdDeN_eViL

hIdDeN_eViL {кοтоя дѕѕαѕѕїй}²

is modular xml the only thing thats preventing it from being used in customassets? do I just merge the mod xmls with the game ones then?

5. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

Yes. Make a copy of the game's XML files in your CustomAssets directory and merge them there. Don't edit your core files. Not ever. ;)