BAT- So few resources on larger maps

eduhum

Aahh the gold old days...
As said, on larger maps than the biggest one in vanilla, resources are sooo few maybe one in an area of 5 cities for example. The largest the map, the more the distorsion appears
I think thats because BAT utilises the standard resource placement whose highest number of resources per tile was good for 128x80 maps but not for bigger ones

Also, but I think I cannot do anything on this is that I cannot play my BAT games with big maps past the middle ages because my ram memory I think, whatever it is the game pops up when I load that says something as: idontknow failure reason: bad–alloc
And I play on a mac with 4 GB of ram memory. Strange, isn't it?

I have also noticed that large maps don't have many resources, but I like it that way. Makes you declare war to conquer cities that have resources that you need.

AFAIK, BAT uses the standard resources of BTS, unless you choose a different map script during game setup.

BAT itself has no influence on the map, other than to make the scenery and units look better.

@eduhum:

I don't know what causes MAFs on Macs. Sorry. 4GB only prevents them if you use a 64 bit OS, and even then very large maps and lots of units can cause one.

Top Bottom