Battery Life on iPad version

IronWill

Chieftain
First, I’m VERY excited and happy to finally have Civ 6 on the iPad. I’ve already spent several days playing it and am very happy I purchased it. That being said, I’m only able to play for 2-3 hours at a time because it seems to chew through my battery life at a rapid pace even when I have it plugged in with a wall charger.

I have an iPad Pro 12.9 and have never had a problem with battery life. If I use it with any other app while plugged in with the charger it actually gains battery, but with Civ 6 it the battery still drains pretty rapidly. My question is, is this normal? Is it to be expected? Do I just have to relegate myself to only being able to play 2-3 hours at a time between battery charges?

Or is there something else I can do to improve battery life?

Thanks in advance!

I get between 3 and 4 hours on my Mini 4. I guess the Ipad runs everything at 100% to run Civ 6. It’s still great battery life for any device, not many (if any) PC’s or Macs will outlast that battery life with Civ 6.

I have an iPad Pro 12.9 and have never had a problem with battery life. If I use it with any other app while plugged in with the charger it actually gains battery, but with Civ 6 it the battery still drains pretty rapidly. My question is, is this normal? Is it to be expected? Do I just have to relegate myself to only being able to play 2-3 hours at a time between battery charges?
I have an 12.9 A10X 2017 iPad Pro and get 3 to 4 hours of battery life playing Civ. I bought a 3 metre charging cord and plug the iPad into a wall socket if I want to play longer than that. If you do that you have to use the charger that came with the iPad Pro as it puts out more charging power than a standard iPhone/iPad charger. With the correct charger my iPad will stay fully charged while I play. Use any other charger and the battery will drain while you play.

Like others, I am seeing between 3 and 4 hours on my iPad Pro 10.5. Unfortunately, 3 barely scratches the surface of Civ! I got tired of always having to play near a power outlet and picked up an Anker PowerCore 13000 battery pack. It's small enough for commuting/travel, and if I start with the iPad and PowerCore both fully charged I can play 8+ hours of Civ before needing to charge up again.

Battery drain while playing games on mobile devices is common, as games tend to put a strain on the device's resources, including the battery. This is especially true for resource-intensive games like Civilization 6. There are a few steps you can take to help improve battery life while playing Civ 6 on your iPad Pro 12.9:

1. Reduce screen brightness: Lowering the screen brightness will help reduce the strain on the battery.
  2. Turn off notifications: Turning off notifications and other background services can help reduce battery drain.
  3. Use airplane mode: This can help reduce battery drain by turning off non-essential services.
  4. Close unused apps: Closing apps that are running in the background can help reduce battery drain.
  5. Update the game: Software updates can help resolve performance and battery life issues, so be sure to keep your game up to date.
  6. Disable automatic graphics switching: On some devices, you can disable the automatic graphics switching feature, which may help reduce battery drain while playing games.

Top Bottom