battle animation issue

cottontan

Chieftain
after around 5 or 10 mins of game time, everthing performs just fine, when i battling i can still see the battle animation, but not able to see the bullets and bombing explosion, restart can slove the problem,but sooner or later it will happen every time start the game after 5 mins, i do have 8 gb memory, so not sure if is a game glitch or something else

What's your graphics card?

EDIT: Just noticed this happens in my game also. If it's not a graphics glitch then its a game bug.

What's your graphics card?

EDIT: Just noticed this happens in my game also. If it's not a graphics glitch then its a game bug.

i got gtx-560ti. it can run the game in the highest setting with no any other problem for a whole day.

cottentan,

Welcome to CivFanatics!

Is your issue the same as described in this post? If so, please post your DxDiad.txt file. Here's how to create the file:

Hit the "Windows key" and "R", type in Dxdiag, hit enter. A menu will appear, with a save option at the right bottom. Save the file and attach it here.

This provides us with essential information about your system. Thanks.

cottentan,

Welcome to CivFanatics!

Is your issue the same as described in this post? If so, please post your DxDiad.txt file. Here's how to create the file:

Hit the "Windows key" and "R", type in Dxdiag, hit enter. A menu will appear, with a save option at the right bottom. Save the file and attach it here.

This provides us with essential information about your system. Thanks.

His problem is not the animation repeating itself (unless you were specifically referring to my post in that thread), it's the fact that the projectiles actually disappear, as in you can't see artillery firing shells or rangers' muzzle blasts anymore, as described in this thread by me:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=536811

A Firaxis employee said they would look into the problem. Seems that we can only hope for a fix now.

EDIT: The funnier part is that this bug has existed for quite some time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7puJXHMx6w: This is the Discovery trailer for Civ Beyond Earth. If you look closely at the Purity Devastator at about 1:12 you can see that when it fires, the little red balls it normally fires are missing, and the red blasts where the shells would land are also missing (there's just some dirt being kicked up instead). It's definitely a game bug at this point, and it's happened in front of Firaxis employees without them even noticing. Unfortunately, since I like watching the combat animations, I did happen to notice.

His problem is not the animation repeating itself (unless you were specifically referring to my post in that thread), it's the fact that the projectiles actually disappear, as in you can't see artillery firing shells or rangers' muzzle blasts anymore, as described in this thread by me:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=536811

A Firaxis employee said they would look into the problem. Seems that we can only hope for a fix now.

EDIT: The funnier part is that this bug has existed for quite some time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7puJXHMx6w: This is the Discovery trailer for Civ Beyond Earth. If you look closely at the Purity Devastator at about 1:12 you can see that when it fires, the little red balls it normally fires are missing, and the red blasts where the shells would land are also missing (there's just some dirt being kicked up instead). It's definitely a game bug at this point, and it's happened in front of Firaxis employees without them even noticing. Unfortunately, since I like watching the combat animations, I did happen to notice.

yes this is excatly what i was trying to point out, seems like a lot people are having this trouble, hope there is a fix soon, the combat is really worth watching and fun.

I am also having this same issue where battle animations (particularly for ranged units) don't show correctly. I truly hope they fix this ASAP because I feel I don't get a full experience without all the flashes, colors, and neat stuff in combat.

I'm putting this game on hold until this issue is fixed.

Attaching my DxDiag in case it helps...

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    71.6 KB · Views: 108
seems like we are not getting this issue soloved, afther the recent upgrade patch this promblem remains exist :(

Top Bottom