Battle for Barsoom [John Carter]

Actually, there wasn't a debate.
A debate is when 2 sides are arguing about a point.
However, both of us agree, the fault lies in the unit choices :D

I'd like to help but am currently waiting for a revised v1.2. :mischief: :D

I suppose I could go back to v1.0. :(

JosEPh ;)

Did you include a "Future Tech" path for research? So the accumulating research points have someplace to go?

JosEPh

ok here it is :

version 1.3, theres not that much changes, just added in updated platyping mods, made barbarians a bit weaker, fixed some sdk errors, fixed some values.
possible late late late game ctd fixed i hope/

http://speedy.sh/4gz8f/barsoom-1.3.rar

looking forward to feedbacks.

Got a barsoom 1.3 game going. The 5 str early defender helps, but I think the Spotter still needs to be a str 3 unit.

You Still must take the Common Ores -> Light Materials->(the one that give Buggie) research path 1st or get into serious trouble. This makes the start of the game all about racing to get Trikes and Buggies 1st. Not about trying to expand the resources you need. These techs need prereq techs (like the one that gives the learning center (forgot it's name) and the one that gives the terraformer unit the ability to make farm plots).

And I gave you a new script for your opening start screen when your leader 1st appears in a previous post. Didn't like it? :dunno:

JosEPh

And I gave you a new script for your opening start screen when your leader 1st appears in a previous post. Didn't like it?

i did ! i remembered that after i uploaded the 1.3 build... so ill get it next time, after some more feed from you :0

Would love to try this mod but I am not going to buy a Speedyshare premium account to play a mod.

Vukovlad,
i didnt realize they put a hold on my file.... damn.

ill re upload the mod then today or tomorrow morning.

thank you.

Kel, Moddb or Atomic gamer would be ideal. Hell, even sourceforge would be great, as there are quite a few mods on there already. Just a helpful thought :).

ok,
tomorrow im gonna upload version 1.4,
and im going to buff up the mod a bit, gonna introduce some game play mods that i have in mind (sdk mod parts).

any balance/additions you want me to do for v1.4?

for now i did what joseph told me to (spotter str 3 +tech prereq + dawn of man).

hey all,

barsoom 1.4 is about to be in the air.

changes made:

1. added 4 sdk mod parts:
- jculture and improvement mods
- mountains back to service
- fresh water mod
- hated civs (not yet implemented)

2. some changes to start ting unit strength
3. prereq for early unit techs.
4. lowered barbarian power.

new rules:
there is no fresh water on the maps
in order to get fresh water - thers a new improvement - water snipper - it provides fresh water 2 tiles away . you can only build 1 in a 9 tiles width.

some units cannot go on mountains.

link will be available later on today ( 12-07 ).

Top Bottom