Battle for Barsoom [John Carter]

Good job on v1.7 BETA, Keldath. I must admit that it's tough, so first-timers might want to start at an easier level until indoctrinated. Many interesting tidbits now, so don't expect the same as vanilla for ANYTHING. Just starting to experiment with the new terraforming. If long-time players are looking for a new mod, Barsoom is the one to try. Keldath has been very busy making improvements to the playability and is looking for more players to provide feedback. This has become one of my favourite mods but the best part is having Keldath implement player input. It's a bit of a pain to get downloaded, but worth it folks! Give it a try.

Hi , just down loaded and having a wee shot, looks great , couple o things.

Goody huts first 4 all gave me maps, may have been bad luck but 5th one didn't appear to give me anything.

Also City is unhappy size 3 Emperor level with two "Roamers" stationed in it people fear for there safety ??

Cheers

Hey keldath! Been awhile. I stopped playing all BtS for almost 3 months and have just started a new game of C2C when I thought to check in here.

D/L'ing 1.7 now. Is this 1.7 version different than the October 2014 v1.7?

Thanks.

JosEPh :)

heya joseph,

indeed been a while.

i stopped civ completely for the last months as well.

im now trying to get back, got a great input from my friend oksleeper about barsoom (he told me he won :) )

so currently - its the same 1.7, but yesterday , i started to update it - updated kmod core to 1.44, nest ill see what the feed back got from my pal.

after that, no plans, although, im toying with the ideas:
making barsoom differently - i come to think, that, having too much things in a mod, can become unsatisfying, so i was thinking on reducing techs, units, and buildings, something like a light version, for deeper decision making.

the other idea, is to build a game of thrones mod :)

I was thinking the same: ASOIAF.

Adrien1er tried to revive it. He is still around, you should contact him (see last poster on the thread).

once in awhile kiddo. Problem is, lol, there's always tweaks and peaks to all the other mods, and soooo little time to play them all :(

Hello! Long time since we last talked.

Did you ever finish the new version you posted about?

Do you still have it unfinished and laying about somewhere? ;)

huh, hello,

i had some progress from what i remember over the published version. i do keep the latest i think.
too bad that i didnt know today what i know now about code :)

these days i only work only on doto support.
for now im on a leave of absence from civ modding,..be back soon enough.

Started a New game of 1.7. I wish I could've helped you back then too. But I'm not able to code. Just play and give suggestions for balance.

Enjoy your "leave of absence" it is well deserved. :D

Huh, I must have missed this mod when it first came out. Big fan of the Barsoom books.
Not entirely sure where you are going with parts of the mod - the First Born and Okar, along with a number of other Red Martian cities like Dusar and Phundal seem to be missing, don't believe I saw any White Apes or Banths as units, and one of the wonders refers to Martian television?- but having done a couple of mods back in the day I can appreciate all the work you have put into it.

If you ever do come back to the mod, a Role Playing Game company, Modiphius, put out an excellent John Carter of Mars RPG which might be a big help in getting both art resources and collecting all sorts of information scattered around the books.

Top Bottom