1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Battle for the Human Body V. 3.0

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by Lord Malbeth, May 7, 2006.

1. General 666

General 666 Culturebringer

:eek:WOW !:eek: :cool:COOL !:cool:
    You have finally revised the Units ?:) The new screenies looks awesome.:crazyeye: Really good ,man !:goodjob:
    :scan:Tell me immediately if you have already upgraded the download !!!:scan:

Bye
    General 666

EDIT: Okay ,I have found out by my own ,that the update says now v4 ! Downloading ...
    BTW : The Brain is . .. ... .... ..... ...... GIANT:love:

2. Lord Malbeth

Lord Malbeth Emperor

Glad ya like it! :goodjob: Thanks for all the positive feedback!

Isn't it humerous? :D

3. godofwar817

godofwar817 Chieftain

yeah so its a realy sweet mod 5 star

and iam starting a mod an the koren war if and one is intersed tell me

4. Lord Malbeth

Lord Malbeth Emperor

HaHa, why thank you for the compliment. :)

5. Supa

Supa Out of Cheese Error

I know I'm almost a year after the last update, but the new units are looking very good. I can't test this scenario right now, but I may give it a shot when I'll get the time.

All you need now is custom terrain gfx. Hopefully, when Tom will get the chance to complete his terrain creator templates, the task will be much easier.

..and what the heck is Mothra doing here ? :-D

6. Lord Malbeth

Lord Malbeth Emperor

Wow! What is this terrain creator template stuff? It sounds very intriguing! :) I will definitely have to check that out. If you do get a chance to give this scenario a spin, I would definitely love some feedback! This is my Magnum Opus (IMO)! :D

Oh, and Mothra is used to represent a butterfly, since its scale is perfect for the game! :D

7. Supa

Supa Out of Cheese Error

8. Lord Malbeth

Lord Malbeth Emperor

9. tom2050

tom2050 Deity

It's been a while since I've played this also. It was definitely before the update! I love these unique mods! Re-DLing to play ;)

As soon as next week (well not this monday, the one after) rolls around, I will fix the terrain templates. They had some problems with the Photoshop version; and I still need to make the Paint Shop Pro / Gimp versions. Should be able to get em up and running pretty quickly though... they are capable of photo realistic stuff simply by throwing an image of a picture into the file and running the script (uniform tiled images work best though). Only prob with Gimp is that it doesn't have built-in actions or ability to easily create a palette by itself (IIRC).

Only for terrain though, not for hills, mountains, forests, etc. Should be interesting (scary maybe) to test it out with some photo-realistic flesh and blood images!

10. Lord Malbeth

Lord Malbeth Emperor

Most likely the latter, but it will be fun. :p

11. Samanoske888

Samanoske888 Chieftain

Awesome game! The body seems a bit rigged though. Maybe add more viruses or virus cities for mass production? And why are the bacteria carriers butterflies? lol

The veins and arteries colors should be switched. The heart and kidneys are a graphic for a lot of the body cities (and some are upside down hearts?). And why are there 40 immobile super viruses in the top left of the map?

Neat idea for a civ game though.

12. Jerry'sGoldfish

Jerry'sGoldfish Emperor

13. Lord Malbeth

Lord Malbeth Emperor

I haven't expanded upon this in years, however, thanks for the interest! The reason I made the carriers butterflies is that I wanted to have a bug unit, and that was the only one available. I thought it was kinda funny.

The graphics were slapped together for random sources because I'm not that great of a visual artist. I know the colors should be switched, but it looks really weird having a bunch of purple roads. It isn't scientifically accurate, but red roads are a lot more appealing, at least to me. ;)

This is to make the viruses think that they are invincible so the AI will attack ASAP. I read it some where on this forum, but I'm not sure it works.

14. Omni314

Omni314 Prince

Original file was on Megaupload, anyone fancy re-up-ing?

15. Lord Malbeth

Lord Malbeth Emperor

Sorry about the loss of the file! Mulder and Scully must've not really liked it. :p

I'll try to find it on my home computer this weekend; I'm pretty sure I have it. If not, I may have to ask someone to pretty please re-upload it.

BTW Omni, love the avatar. ;)

16. Lord Malbeth

Lord Malbeth Emperor

Doublepost-Bump! (Breaking all the rules!!)

Does anyone still have a copy of this scenario? It's been wiped from my archives due to multiple computer crashes. Would anyone care to upload it? Please?? Thanks. :)

17. tom2050

tom2050 Deity

I didn't think I had it, but I found it. Not sure how old it is, but I will upload it.

The Biq is dated 11-14-08.

18. tom2050

tom2050 Deity

19. Quintillus

Quintillus Archiving Civ3 Content Supporter

That's the date of the version I have, too. By the way, the FileDropper link is missing a "y" at the end; it works for me when I go to http://www.filedropper.com/battleforthehumanbody

20. Omni314

Omni314 Prince

1 year 4 months 6 days 18 hours later, thanks.

And thank you :)