Battle for Wesnoth NES!

Clip, clop, clip, clop went the horse's hooves on the cobbled road. The entire garrison was on edge; who in all of Nesia would be riding along a frontier road at dawn? Bows were bent, spells were readied, swords and spears were grasped more tightly. Was the enemy? Were they riding down the road towards them? No, no there was only one horse; but what if only the orc chieftain rode or the necromancer leading his undead? A clear, strong Nesian voice rang out

"I am a squire of the Lord-Commander of this garrison, Lord Joakim. I was delayed on the road by a couple of brigands ... they will not trouble any other travellers alone this road. Look my shield bears his arms and my gear is more than a commoner or bandit could afford. Lower your bows and open the gates so I might serve my master and join your garrison."

Name: Vertinari
Class: Horseman (however if a spearman, bowman or swordsman is needed more urgently Vertinari could always dismount and fight on foot)

OOC: I hope you don't mind he is a squire to Lord Joakim, lord_joakim but well I felt like it.

More grunts for the Spearman corps! :D

I'll look for firewood! (The fact i'll probably get lost, terrified by the shadows, and start spearing every tree, shrub and bush I come to, is neither here nor there)

Fulton: I think I already recruited you as a Fencer, so it's okay. Again, it's not really that much trouble; people have chosen somewhat diverse picks, and diversity is usually flavorful and good in Wesnoth. Anyways, I consider this whole thing a challenge. I'm not really that good at Wesnoth. :p

Justo: You're a spearman then.

Vertinari118: Kein Problem, you have been added as a Horseman so far. :) Although, I could possibly use a "Cavalryman" - it's another mounted unit, but with a sword instead of a lance.

Nice update! Hope none of us die during the next one.

I'll help mgsmuhammad look for firewood. If we get lost, well, then that's that.

Don't worry, i've found some footprints for us to follow if can't find our way back. ;)

Although.. Judging by them i'd have to say they appear to be a pair, and one of the print-makers seems heavily armoured, with the other not. Roughly our height and weight too, if I had to guess. :confused:

Strange. :p

Life in the garrison turned out pretty ironic. Rayne was used to the grayness of the city, to live his whole life either in a castle or a jousting ground. But he was recruited as a scout for his swiftness in his riding, which exposed him to the outdoors which he knew little about.

The birds were singing and the flowers were blossoming, Rayne was unimpressed even though it looked to him just like the tales the maidens in the castle used to tell him when he was little. He always imagined the hero of each legend, that was what motivated him to become a lancing tournament veteran. Then he realized, all the legends were nothing compared to what he could accomplish himself.

So he continued to scout the area, looking for something actually important to report. He was only waiting for a moment where he can go into battle and fight.

@ lord_joakim: I am a squire I serve my master as he wills. At the moment I am a horseman correct?

More bowmen? :faint:

We already have one, with three more on the way! :dubious:

I'm more worried about the fact that we have no Heavy Infantry and only one queued, and no cavalry whatsoever. :hmm:

Edit: Ignore this

Thanks for joining CharcoalDioxide. :) Welcome, I haven't seen you in here before.

how many "classes" are there?

Lets see...
Bowman, Mage, Merfolk, Spearman, Heavy, Cavalry, Horseman. I think thats it. For loyalists anyway.

EDIT:
More Info:
Spoiler :
Promotions
Fencer -> Duelist -> Master at Arms (ignores zone of control, lvl 2+ also ranged)

Heavy -> Shock -> Mauler (tank)

Horseman -> Lancer
Horseman -> Knight -> Grand Knight (strong physical attack)
Horseman -> Knight -> Paladin (heals nearby units)

Mage -> Red Mage -> Silver Mage (teleport)
Mage -> Red Mage -> Arch Mage -> Geat Mage (fire)
Mage -> White Mage -> Mage of Light (heals nearby units, holy)

Bowman -> Longbowman -> Master Bowman

Spearman -> Javlineer (melee and ranged)
Spearman -> Pikeman -> Halbredier (hard hitting)
Spearman -> Swordsman -> Royal Guard (more hp)

Merman Fighter -> Merman Warrior -> Merman Hopilite
Merman Fighter -> Merman Warrior -> Merman Triton

Generally the shorter promotion tracks are stronger at their level than the other ones, but they stop there too.

PS can you post our traits on the front page, I would like to use those to make the personality for any stories I do.

EDIT 2: And Cavalry -> Dragoon -> Cavalier forgot.

OOC: If needed I would be happy to play a highly Suicidal Heavy Infantryman. Forgot about them. Otherwise a meek Spearman on the Swordsman path.

Top Bottom