1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Battle Of Zarklaw

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Scenario League' started by CurtSibling, Feb 19, 2011.

1. CurtSibling

CurtSibling ENEMY ACE™ SLeague Staff

It might be worth starting a thread requesting PBEM players, as people might not be chicking this thread much after the scenario was released...

2. rapps

rapps Chieftain

We finally got enough players (we're leaving the Murklanders to the AI), so be sure to pop by, Curt Sibling.
    Give your thoughts on the flow of the game, share on some of the lore of the world, or just take notes if we start whining too much about something, I doubt that will happen too much though. ;)

3. CurtSibling

I certainly will! Looking forward to seeing how it goes!

PS
    Can you post a link to the BOZ PBEM thread on your forum?

:)

4. rapps

rapps Chieftain

5. Ingvar VII

Ingvar VII Chieftain

It seems there is something amiss about the Merchant Navy tech. None of the ships have Civiliopedia entries. Or maybe I just messed something up...

Either way, it's an excellent scenario.

6. McMonkey

McMonkey ----Evertonian---- SLeague Staff

I agree. I'm enjoying our PBEM and the game hasn't really got started properly yet (by that I mean nobody is at war yet ;)).

7. CurtSibling

I'm amazed you guys are still playing, good show!
    And I will check for that error in events...Seems like some relics are hanging around!

8. McMonkey

Things are just starting to hot up. The Skern are looking for their next victims and my Khaarov Commonwealth is growing in power. I love the graphics, they really get you into the fantasy setting!

9. CurtSibling

Thanks, dude! I have something special in mind for the next scenario...A war spanning the whole damn world of Aphorik! :D

10. Arthedain

Arthedain - Celestial Being - SLeague Staff

Ciaran, I saw a map of the whole world in one of your comics (it was in the Battle of Zarklaw zip IIRC). As a map freak I demand you to attach the map as a picture to future scenarios zips! :hammer:
    But seriously, maps are always nice, especially in fantasy scenarios ;)

11. McMonkey

12. CurtSibling

Your wishes are my command, sirs! :D

Attached Files:

13. McMonkey

Epic!

I was well into my fantasy when I was a teenager (esp Raymond Feist and David Gemmell) and I designed a comparable map and fantasy world of my own. The plan was to write a book one day but I worked out my literary skills were not up to it. I still have the maps and some artwork a friend did for me stashed away somewhere. In fact there is a large ring binder full of very detailed maps and a number of short stories I had forgotten all about. A real trip down memory lane!

I think I tried to use the maps as a basis for a Civ2 scenario back when I first got a PC around 2000. That is long lost, but one day I might try and do something with all that imagination.

14. Arthedain

Arthedain - Celestial Being - SLeague Staff

Epic indeed! *drowls a little* Looking forward to the next scenario ;)

15. CurtSibling

Cheers, guys!

Much of the stuff from the scens is also in my "King Evil" comic, (free to download) which takess place in the map world.
    At this moment I have just completed my latest project, and am about to start pencils on the new KE comic. It'll be fun!

And I have a redux of the 2010 Bitterfrost colonies underway, just some events to do, and it will be complete!

16. Hans99

Hans99 Chieftain

Bitterfrost is always fun, i am still playing one game of Bitterfrost IV, where i am the Vorak shogunate and still try to get this damn King Heric from the middle island. Looking forward to this.

17. CurtSibling

Ah! The one with the undead!
    Keeping the boneheads at bay was always a challenge...:)

18. Ingvar VII

Ingvar VII Chieftain

Hello again. How is work on the Bitterfrost Colonies going?

I have two questions regarding te scenario. In the PBEM over at the Civforums I´m playing as the Vorak. I noticed that there is not a single patch of water in the Vorak homelands, so building irrigation is impossible. Was this done on purpose? Actually,I see noe, I could, if I had an engineer, transform the villages at Vinderbaag to steppes and thus irrigate from there.

Also, who is this Erlak the Red character? And the Assassin guarding the path to him?

19. CurtSibling

Hi there!

I am working on the Bitterfrost II scenario, and there is also a completed Battle of Zarklaw II completed, set a few decades after the first. Just to create a guide file for it.

Erlak The Red is an optional character that can be bribed to join you if you can dispose of the assassin guarding his lair...Basically a super cavalry unit...:)

20. CurtSibling

Just a little update!

I am putting together an improved Bitterfrost Colonies scenario, slowly but surely.
    Real life work and responsibilities are eating much of my time at the moment, but
    I will bring this and a few other scenarios I have been tweaking out soon...
    Then it is time for a totally new scenario!

:D