1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Battle Of Zarklaw

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Scenario League' started by CurtSibling, Feb 19, 2011.

1. EZRhino

EZRhino Chieftain

Cool! I think Bitterfrost V was one of your best works:) After a long year for me it will be very welcome to have a new distraction for the summer.

One critique I would offer, is that the open ocean voyages from the mainland home-city seemed excessively long. Perhaps I am more prone to '1st turn Red Front' syndrome than others are, but they felt to me like enough of a chore that I tended just to set the home-city to capitalization and ignore it.

2. CurtSibling

CurtSibling ENEMY ACE™ SLeague Staff

I guess the CIVs with home-cities have the advantage of a safety net if they are driven from the island! :)

The ports for the Kaneg and Khaarov are there to churn out extra colonists, as they represent the giant empires of both those cultures...

Of course it can be beneficial to turn them into gold-factories and leave them, I sometimes do this when I have maxed out the improvements...

:)

3. Nicheal

Nicheal Chieftain

The Scenario in Download Section does not include many Changes by Curt Sibling:

+Arrow.wav, a missing Sound.wav

+Both Rules.txts: Heathen and Skern

+New Events.txts

+Catfishs 64bit Batchfile

+New People.bmp

+New Cities.bmp

Battle of Zarklaw is an amazing Scenario, and quite Fun.
    Searched for a smooth Game to play on Sunday, and found this smooth Scenario again.

But remembered, that i criticised the Unit Values of lots of Units, and modded them,
    for my own. Modded some Things, here and there, and found out, how much is missing,
    while reading this Thread!!! And made a BOZ Patch. Download it, and unpack into
    Main Folder BOZ. The Cities.bmp, the People.bmp, and the two Events.txts Events_Heathen.txt,
    and Events_Skern.txt will be overwritten. But all old Files are included as Backup!!!

Some new Files are my empty Describe.txt, my ListofChanges.txt, a short Thing,
    and my own Rules.txt. The Original Files are all included, and only an advanced Batch
    would allow to perhaps load my Rules in... for now, perhaps i will change these Rules
    into Heathen and Skern, or will do some Events Tweaks, but for now, here is the Patch,
    while we are waiting for the new Bitterfrost...

sweet Sunday!

One of my Favorite Civ2 Test of Time Scenarios:

Link: Scenario BATTLE OF ZARKLAW Download

Link: README Download

Patch 1.1 released. Includes all Addon-Stuff posted in this Thread.
    The Nicheal Unit Values (much) more balanced.
    The Events.txts some "Fun-Stuff" in... a great Scenario, done by Sibling,
    re-modded by Nicheal, even greater now, i think...

Patch 1.2 released. Plus Shuukskin.

Patch 1.3 released. Advanced Events.txts.

>>>Link: The Battle of Zarklaw Patch 1.3 by Nicheal can be found here<<<

:goodjob: