1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Battle zooms in elsewhere - minor

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Bug Reports' started by allism, Feb 8, 2006.

1. allism

allism Chieftain

I've noticed this a few times, but this is the first time it's happened consistently enough that I felt I could upload a save and have it reproduce.

In the save I'm uploading, I'm attacking Gao. When I have a unit attack Gao, instead of the zoom focusing on the battle, it will focus in on an area on my border with Catherine (about a third of the way around the world).

I wish I could provide steps to duplicate this, but I don't see it happen often enough to track it.

Edit: this is v. 1.52, btw

2. Pole Doctor

Pole Doctor Chieftain

Strange to see this occurs only when attacking Gao. Sending units to the french city (Baghdad) shows a correct zoom.

I've seen this occur sometimes in my previous games. Similarly, I couldn't find any successful way to reproduce it. There were occurences where, while zoomed, the attacking unit did not appear ; the defenders looked like they were fighting against nothing ...

3. alexman

alexman King

The reason is that Gao is on the edge of the map.
    Definitely a bug, but not going to be fixed soon.

4. Lord Foortwenti

Lord Foortwenti Chieftain

This happens to me ALL THE TIME...it is really annoying and I can't find any rhyme or reason to it. It usually focuses in on the same part of the map, but it happens to me with any unit selected, but seems to happen most when I am using a worker.

Quite annoying indeed

5. SewerStarFish

SewerStarFish King