Battlestar Galactica: Exodus, part 2

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Underseer, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Underseer

Underseer King

Holy crap! This episode definitely made it worth waiting four episodes for a payoff!

The scene with Saul and Ellen was VERY powerful.
    Spoiler :
    We all knew Saul was going to kill his wife, but when the moment actually came, I was moved to tears. You could just feel the old man's heart break as Ellen died in his arms.

I think Saul's going to be hitting the bottle for a few episodes.

The battle was everything I could hope for.
    Spoiler :
    The moment when the Battlestar jumped directly into New Caprica's atmosphere was a "wow" moment to rival anything in the movies, much less the small screen.

I was worried that the rescue battle would have to involve some sort of deus ex machina to be successful, but the tactics were brilliant, unconventional and believable.

I'm so relieved the writers didn't go for a typical celebration scene, but instead...
    Spoiler :
    ...tinged the whole thing with some very bitter notes. It's obvious that Kasey wasn't what Leoben claimed she was, but all the same it was awful watching the moment when Kara realized she'd been had, and her heartbreak/feeling of betrayal was all the more poigniant given all the celebration going on around her.

I have a feeling Kara is going to become completely unhinged anytime she encounters Leoben or one of his copies any time in the future.

Colonel Tigh of course made me sad all over again when he finally boarded the ship and reunited with Adama. You know damned well he was thinking only of his wife while surrounded by cheering crewmates.

I look forward to learning more about the cylons and their flaws over the next few episodes!

2. Elrohir

Elrohir RELATIONAL VALORIZATION

Excellent episode! :goodjob:

Spoiler :
    Ellen Tigh is dead! Yes! I've been wanting her to die since she was introduced! Kinda sad for the Colonel, but I don't mind - she deserved it.

Spoiler :
    Yep, that part where the Galactica jumped into the atmosphere, then out again was simply awesome. Very smooth.

3. Underseer

Underseer King

Meh! Curse you!
    Spoiler :
    I was quite sad to see her go. Sure, she was a screaming b*tch, manipulative, sleazy and deceitful, but from a writing standpoint, her antics created a lot of trouble, which in turn made for good drama. Imagine how much less powerful her death scene would have been if Saul didn't have such conflicted feelings about her.

I can't say enough how bad*** that scene was!
    Spoiler :
    That viper pilot's "oh sh*t!" moment when going through a flaming launch tube was perfect.

4. armathas

armathas Warlord

:crazyeye:
    This show just keeps getting better and better..best Sci-Fi series to date..
    :goodjob:
    Hope the writers keep up the excellent work.

5. Jawz II

Jawz II Oh Dear

yeah it was a good show. i havent found myself longing for a tv show this much in years.

Spoiler :
    it couldnt have ended better, with the 2 traitrous snakes gone (Ellen and Gaius) it was even worth losing pegasus. besides she took out 3 cylon stars and saved the day.

6. CurtSibling

CurtSibling ENEMY ACE™ SLeague Staff Supporter

I love the new evil personality of Brother Cavil!

He makes a chilling baddie.

7. Dong2Long

Dong2Long Chieftain

with the
    Spoiler :
    2 traitrous snakes gone (Ellen and Gaius)

But is
    Spoiler :
    Gaius
    really gone!? Hehe. ;)

8. Underseer

Underseer King

Regarding Gaius
    Spoiler :
    No, he's not gone, but he stayed with the cylons when the humans left, so he's gone from the human fleet if not the show.

I don't like the new Cavil. He's too one-dimensional.

9. ulsterman88

ulsterman88 4-2 Rangers rule supreme!

I was tempted to open the spoiler but i resisted, i cant wait for series 3 to start in the UK!

10. Elrohir

Elrohir RELATIONAL VALORIZATION

Can we just talk regularly, instead of using Spoiler tags? seriously, this is an episode specific thread. I can see the point in the opening post using spoiler tags, so that if someone hovers over the topic title, they don't get the spoilers, but for the rest of us....

Anyway, I bet Baltar will figure out some way to get back with the fleet. I doubt very much that he's gone for good.

11. MarineCorps

MarineCorps Explosion!

He'll be killed if comes back.

Spoiler :
    I must say the battle scene between the Galactia was the best. The part where Adama said "so this is it" and then the camera zooms out slowy while the Battlestar is getting pummled, I thought for sure it was going to get destroyed. I was 100% convinced it was a goner. And then when the other battlestar came I was suprised.

12. North King

North King blech

Yeah, a truly awesome episode. I'm going to have to thank my friends again for hooking me on the series. :)

13. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone Which Way Did He Go?

Wow, what an episode. I think that move Galactica done with the falling through the atmosphere and then jumping should be dubbed the 'Adama Manoeuvre.' At least that's what I'm going to call it and I hope it catches on (someone else probably already named it, but that's what came to me when watching the episode.)

14. Speedo

Speedo Esse Quam Videri

Sorry, the "Galactica planet flop" just has a much better ring ;)

15. Murky

Murky Deity

It is an excellent show. I watched Exodus part 2 twice.

16. Underseer

Underseer King

I have to say that I was expecting it.

Spoiler :
    The opening scene between Lee and Anastasia pretty much established that the Pegasus was going to join the battle sooner or later. When the Galactica was getting the crap knocked out of it by four basestars, I knew we were in for a "Han Solo" rescue from nowhere.

It was still a cool sequence. RIP, Pegasus.

17. bhsup

bhsup Deity

Spoiler :
    Awesome episode! I need to download the podcast and see if they decided on the Galactica Planet Flop / Adama Manuever (they're both great names, can't decided between them ) as homage to Bab5 or not. Recall when the White Star opened a jump point within Mar's atmosphere. Regardless of whether that was the inspiration or not, it was just...well, awesome!

EDIT: Spoiler tags added.

18. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Deity

Spoiler :
    Am I glad that byotch Ellen finally died! It was touching though how Tigh choose poison to kill her so that he could hold her one last time.

That was a good episode. Baltars' character continues to develop as well. I think he's racking his mind right now trying to figure out where he fits in now.

19. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Deity

You gotta love Adama man, he's always emotionless at all the right times. He keeps his cool when he's needed the most but he knows when it is "ok" to lose it too. But the quote of what he said during that scene reminded me of what Field Marshall Rommel said in reponse to hearing of the allied D-Day landings.

20. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

Season 2 hasn't even started over here but I watched those episodes lat night (downloaded them). Best sci fi series ever? Its damn good, never been a Trekkie and its better than Stargate.