Bazooka in the Ranged Unit Line?

ferretbacon

Obsessor
It's not mutually exclusive. Maybe the ranged line and the anti-fast things line converge at Bazooka then upgrade to Gunship.

anti-fast things line

Quite eloquent. :D

So Machine Guns and Anti-tanks both upgrade into Bazookas? Possibly.

I'm excited by the idea that perhaps the Spearman line might see some reworking. I'm not a fan of so many UUs upgrading into Anti-tanks and Gunships.

Uniques are "star" units, so to speak, and the Anti-tank just feels like a bland support unit.

Its strange to consider bazooka like that. Bazookas, like many other sorts of guns were used by regular infantry at the same time in coordinate action. That always sounded implicit to me.

They come around with the Marines....

Eru Ilúvatar;12360322 said:
Its strange to consider bazooka like that. Bazookas, like many other sorts of guns were used by regular infantry at the same time in coordinate action. That always sounded implicit to me.

That was always my impression, that bazookas were implicit to the Infantry unit.

Culling the bazooka and making it a separate unit is similar to making a flamethrower unit.

Edit: actually, now I want a flamethrower unit.

That was always my impression, that bazookas were implicit to the Infantry unit.

Culling the bazooka and making it a separate unit is similar to making a flamethrower unit.

Edit: actually, now I want a flamethrower unit.

Pyros, Anyone?

Yeah, same is true of machine guns, though.

Machine guns are not handguns like bazookas. They`re an evolution of the first Gatling Guns and Howitzers of the XIX century. Guns that are placed in a position to be used. They do not advance and can not be carried and used at the same time. It is still a ranged weapon. Bazookas, like rifles, revolvers and other weapons like that sound like things soldiers use during action, moving along. Its possible to have bazooka units, but it sounds a bit strange. And bazookas are never used as replacement for machine guns. Machine guns are "multiple shots per time static units", such as the longbows, gatlings...

To me, the defining difference between machine guns and normal infantry (in-game) is whether other people will have a stand-off firefight with you, or whether they would have to more storm your position, thanks to how much firepower you can throw at them (well, storm the position or take cover, anyway).

Thinking like that, a personal rocket launcher is more like a machine gun.

NEIN! There goes my dreams of the pike/lancer upgrade not being complete suck. Its placement on the tech tree and the description of ranged-infantry seem to imply a machine gun upgrade.

It could be for both, but it still doesn't do anything for the huge gap between lancers and anti-tank guns.

Also, I suppose RPG's as a ranged-infantry makes sense. When they are fired it is specifically aimed at a special target and not in a regular fire-fight. Even though gatling/machine are 1-tile range without upgrades, they are better kept out of the actual fight. You would want a fortified marine holding the position while the machine gun fires from the side. RPG's would work under a similar line of thinking.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/top-10-tweetable-truths-for-civilization-v-brave-new-world-6406878/

Number 9:

"In the Nuclear Fusion branch of Brave New World's tech tree, there's a new, final upgrade for ranged infantry: the bazooka"

What is 'ranged infantry?' Does this mean the Bazooka is an upgrade of a Machine Gun?

What are the implications if the Bazooka provides anti-tank/anti-modern armor bonuses?

Why does a bazooka require Nuclear Fusion?

Is this just factually wrong?

:confused:

It says "Nuclear Fusion branch" - i.e. the techs leading to Nuclear Fusion ("military" tech path in G&K). If the tech tree is similar to the current one, that includes the WWII techs with which you'd expect bazookas to be associated.

Ranged infantry is, yes, ranged units other than ships, chariot variants and Keshiks.

The implications if it provides anti-tank bonuses are essentially nil. The AI rarely goes down that tech route and it's not an efficient one for a human player to go down since it's slightly off the main late-game military tech path (i.e. bombers, infantry and rocket artillery), tanks are a little weak and become obsolete quickly. Tanks are weak defensively and not linked to civilian improvement techs so they're also not a desirable tech progression for peaceful play.

Nuclear Fusion bazookas? That seems really messy, not to mention dangerous! :nuke: :lol:

Top Bottom