1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

BE 2

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by meatball20, May 18, 2020.

1. meatball20

meatball20 rockhound

Districts need new aspects. I hate them. Along with the soundtrack. BE is good except the unit upgrades are cheap and ruthless if only they take the spy guy with them.

2. Naokaukodem

Naokaukodem Millenary King

Yeah. Like being their own cities/encampments. They could build things on their turn.
    I have to say I'm mixed about them. I don't really see a difference. Maybe in multiplayer with pillage wars ?

I cut off the music. It's getting on my nerves. Worst thing : playing the music of a civilization that is not yours and had just met. I want my native-like songs back !

Never completed that one in hardest mode. Struggling with warfare in medium/high. What is this spy thing ?

3. Sostratus

Sostratus Deity

The business honchos at FXS will probably look at how BE1 went (sales were a bit disappointing) and observe that stellaris exists in the "4x scifi" category, and say, "hard pass." You have the engine and framework, but you need the full cycle of making new assets, defining the new gameplay, and especially marketing. What they learned with BE is people expect a full fledged civ game from them; can't turn out anything less than a AAA title.

It's too bad because i think a space version of civ6 would be far superior to a space version of civ5, just given all the crazy new system capabilities we have now. (Weather, loyalty, civil infrastructure, changing terrain, the extremely flexible adjacency system, policies, civics tree, etc.) A lot of the abstractions would make more sense on an alien planet too.

Someone could likely mod this as a total conversion, if we only had the DLL. Alas, they are holding onto that pretty tight.