1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Be aware of every little thing ...

Discussion in 'Old World' started by Dave "old computer guy", May 3, 2021.

1. Dave "old computer guy"

Dave "old computer guy" Chieftain

Last night, as Rome, I was having an awesome game. Started on a small continent and by year 43 I pretty much owned it. 8 Cities 3 of which were barbs that my awesome army had cleared and a friendly Civ to my East. Life was looking good ... until all my workers went on strike! I could not build a farm nor mine nor anything else. Hmmm, puzzling.
    I spent 20 minutes trying to figure it out until I noticed the row of tiny symbols and numbers top center of the screen that represent your assets said I had no trees. No trees means no farm building, nor any mine building, pretty much no building of anything.
    I have 77 year old eyes and play on a 15 inch laptop but those shouldn't be excuses. If one expects to excel at this game you will have to BE AWARE of every little thing.

Hats off to the devs for building an awesome game.

2. Dale

Dale Mohawk Games Developer

If you hold ALT and click what you want to build it will autobuy the resources you need.

3. Dave "old computer guy"

Dave "old computer guy" Chieftain

Thanks for the tip. The actual resolution was pretty cool. After about 5 turns of me trying stuff to no avail, some traders from a tribe stopped by to sell me some timber... what a happy coincidence. Though I do suspect the devs had the entire event planned out in advance. Smart guys those devs.

4. Dale

Dale Mohawk Games Developer

You can also use workers to harvest tree and scrub tiles. The first stage is harvest (tile will grow back in a few turns) and the second stage is clear land (which never grows back).