1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

BE no longer loads on Windows 10

Discussion in 'CivBE - Bug Reports' started by SupremacyKing2, Aug 6, 2015.

1. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

I recently upgraded to Windows 10. BE won't load at all now. I get the steam prompt to play "BE or play BE with Mantle". I choose the first option and after a second it just gives me the prompt again. over and over again. I have not tried reinstalling the game. I'm thinking that might work.

Is the problem with Steam compatibility with Windows 10? Or a DirectX issue related to Windows 10? Something else?

My other games work fine. It is only BE and CIV5 that won't work. So I'm thinking it might be a directx issue related to BE and civ5.

Anyone else have this issue and can tell me what the problem is?

Thanks

2. Civican

Civican Chieftain

What helped (at least for me):
    In Steam; Right Click on CivBE in the library and select Properties
    Then: Local Files, and "check game files on errors" (or sth like that)
    That worked for me, hope it also helps you

3. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

I did that and it worked. Steam validated the files, downloaded a small 7 mB patch and the game started right up with no issues.

Thanks.

4. jozef57

jozef57 Chieftain

i have the same problem, will try the suggested solution now and will come back if it worked or not . thank you all

5. jozef57

jozef57 Chieftain

hi promised to say if this woor not, and it worked perfectly. i should have known this becourse i had to do this for a long time already to make civ 5 work. again thank you

6. EternaBaconator

EternaBaconator Chieftain

I went to Local Files and looked for an option resembling "check game files on errors" but I couldn't find one. What's the exact text of the option that fixed @SupremacyKing2's problem? I clicked "verify integrity of game cache" but this didn't solve my problem. I'm having the same problem that SupremacyKing2 had.

[SOLVED] never mind, I just had to restart BE a couple of times