BE not start again

jozef57

Warlord
i had this problem long time ago, it was solved than but i forgot how i did it lol i found here a solution can not find i anymore. on my windows 10 laptop civ Be does nto react at all when i click play. does any one remembers how to resolve this?? it worked perfectly for long time, now not played it for ages due to civ 6, but i would love to have another go at this.
please anyone knows??

Same problem here. I’ve reinstalled, checked games cache, nothing seems to work.

Finally fixed:

Thank you for contacting 2K Support and for your interest in Beyond Earth. I can certainly understand how encountering this type of issue may be frustrating to experience and I will do everything in my power to assist as best I can!

Firstly, please do each of the following, to ensure that the game and all its additionally required software is properly installed:

1. Verifying Game Cache
    · Load Steam.
    · From the Library section, right-click on the game and select “Properties” from the menu.
    · Select the “Local files” tab and click the “Verify integrity of game cache” button.
    · Steam will match the local files to the cloud files, and fix any errors it encounters.

2. Reinstalling DirectX
    · In the Steam installation folder of the game you’re having trouble with, there will be typically be a DirectX setup package.
    · Example file path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meiers Civilization Beyond Earth\DirectX\
    · Find and run DXSETUP.exe
    · Reboot the computer (mandatory)

3. Reinstalling Vcredist
    · Navigate to your game’s steam folder – there will typically be a Vcredist folder.
    · Example file path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meiers Civilization Beyond Earth\ _CommonRedist\vcredist\2012
    · Find and Run vcredist_x86.exe
    · Find and Run vcredist_x64.exe
    · Should the files already be installed, you will be prompted to either ‘uninstall’ or ‘repair’. Choose ‘repair’.
    · Reboot the computer (mandatory)

4. Updating your Audio/Video Drivers
Most PC issues can be easily resolved by updating your Audio & Video Drivers. Here's a few links to help you with that.

Audio Drivers

Video Drivers

Most video card manufacturers allow you to download their card drivers directly from their website. Here's a list from where you can do that.

may 2018 2 days ago to my joy civ BE worked again. now 2 days later it does not same horsehocky always... why ever bother to buy a civ game again?? i do have civ 6 but the trust is gone

Top Bottom