1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

BE not start again

Discussion in 'CivBE - Tech Support' started by jozef57, Sep 27, 2017.

1. jozef57

jozef57 Chieftain

i had this problem long time ago, it was solved than but i forgot how i did it lol i found here a solution can not find i anymore. on my windows 10 laptop civ Be does nto react at all when i click play. does any one remembers how to resolve this?? it worked perfectly for long time, now not played it for ages due to civ 6, but i would love to have another go at this.
    please anyone knows??

2. jozef57

jozef57 Chieftain

sorry just saw here mac and linux tread maybe someone can help me anyway

3. Sid

Sid Observer and Participant

Same problem here. I’ve reinstalled, checked games cache, nothing seems to work.

4. Sid

Sid Observer and Participant

Finally fixed:

Thank you for contacting 2K Support and for your interest in Beyond Earth. I can certainly understand how encountering this type of issue may be frustrating to experience and I will do everything in my power to assist as best I can!

Firstly, please do each of the following, to ensure that the game and all its additionally required software is properly installed:

1. Verifying Game Cache
      · Load Steam.
      · From the Library section, right-click on the game and select “Properties” from the menu.
      · Select the “Local files” tab and click the “Verify integrity of game cache” button.
      · Steam will match the local files to the cloud files, and fix any errors it encounters.

2. Reinstalling DirectX
      · In the Steam installation folder of the game you’re having trouble with, there will be typically be a DirectX setup package.
      · Example file path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meiers Civilization Beyond Earth\DirectX\
      · Find and run DXSETUP.exe
      · Reboot the computer (mandatory)

3. Reinstalling Vcredist
      · Navigate to your game’s steam folder – there will typically be a Vcredist folder.
      · Example file path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meiers Civilization Beyond Earth\ _CommonRedist\vcredist\2012
      · Find and Run vcredist_x86.exe
      · Find and Run vcredist_x64.exe
      · Should the files already be installed, you will be prompted to either ‘uninstall’ or ‘repair’. Choose ‘repair’.
      · Reboot the computer (mandatory)

4. Updating your Audio/Video Drivers
    Most PC issues can be easily resolved by updating your Audio & Video Drivers. Here's a few links to help you with that.

Audio Drivers

Video Drivers

Most video card manufacturers allow you to download their card drivers directly from their website. Here's a list from where you can do that.

5. jozef57

jozef57 Chieftain

may 2018 2 days ago to my joy civ BE worked again. now 2 days later it does not same **** always... why ever bother to buy a civ game again?? i do have civ 6 but the trust is gone