1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bears vs Modern Armor?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Mad Professor, May 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mad Professor

Mad Professor Deity

Yeah - I was messing around with the world builder of course, and seeing what happened with various combinations of units - I wasn't even playing a game as such.

The long and the short of it is that I had a barbarian modern armor and a Spanish bear - yeah I know - it will never happen in a game - either of them. The barbarian armor attacked the bear (in a forest tile admittedly) and LOST. :crazyeye: I was too busy picking my jaw up off the floor to get a screenshot - sorry. :blush: It really did happen. I was trying something else actually, and the armor was near the bear and I didn't have control over it, so the battle happened.

The spanish bear was awarded 10 experience points for winning the battle.:lol: By this time I was nearly hysterical, but was severely let down down by the fact that no promotions were available to this extraordinary bear!:lol:

I wonder if he'd have been awarded more than 10 xp if it had not been a barbarian Armor? I suppose I will never find out. I'm sure I could run that same scenario ten thousand times and never have it happen again.

2. Mewtarthio

Mewtarthio Emperor

It's happened to me as well:

I'm beginning to suspect that there's some sort of glitch or something similar here. But if that were the case, giving a nation someone else's UU would have the same effect... Weird.

3. Mad Professor

Mad Professor Deity

It's nice to know I wasn't hallucinating. :)

If someone can come up with a good explanation for this, I'd very interested to read it.

4. jkp1187

jkp1187 Unindicted Co-Conspirator

Doesn't the game balance combat against the barbarians in all but the highest levels? I know this was the case in Civ III (it said so in the scenario editor).

5. Mewtarthio

Mewtarthio Emperor

Yes, but not that much. Otherwise nobody would ever lose a single unit to a Barbarian.

6. Bushface

Bushface Deity

Must have been modern bears - brought up on tinned food . . .

7. Poseidon_55

Poseidon_55 Sea Lord

Gentic engineering my friend those bears were made in a spanish genetics lab to be tank busters. What tabk commander would ever suspect the fuzzy bear to destroy it.

8. mutax2003

mutax2003 Rider of China, 4-3-3

The bear has implanted unbreakable metal alloy adamantium claws (same as wolverine in x-men, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_(comics)) under a top-secret Spanish cyborg enhancement project. Thus, its claws slashed through the armour platings like butter, then the bear had the crews of the modern armour for lunch.

9. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

We must alert Stephen Colbert to this new threat of super bears capable of defeating tanks.!

10. AvianAvenger

AvianAvenger Warlord

According to one of the difficulty informations sheets barbs will loose the first three fights regardless of what units are fighting prehaps this is what happened to you, or was it not that early in game.

11. salty

salty Prince

Free wins vs. Barbs are <iFreeWinsVsBarbs> in the CIV4HandicapInfo.xml file.

12. Traflagar

Traflagar Chieftain

If the bear got inside the turret of the tank I imagine all those chicken barbs would high tail it outta thar.:lol:

13. tombeef

tombeef King

That is definately a case of bears on steroids.

14. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.