beat out my teachers

Vinylace

Chieftain
:sniper: :jesus:
I started playing civ 2 about two years ago. Everyone I knew that was playing was of the male population. My first game(space race/chieftan) was a 7 city empire on a random map. the main reason I survived the evil carthies was because I made friends with the romans. I paid then to kill the carthies. it worked out well. I then worked my way up to getting the too many cities pop-up with a 223 city empire(oops I didnt know there was a limit under govt types)in a warlord game. I played a prince game and found out that there is a limit on future techs. I played the emporer game and got a 600 something civ rating. by this time 2 of the other people playing I knew kinda forbid me to play it anymore. well I am still playing(in secret though hehe). I am currently playing a deity game. christ the computer cheats alot.

:borg: I love the borg. I be a part of them anyday over the federation. :sniper: :jesus:

Welcome to CFC vinylace! I assume that the vinyl in question is the sort you make records out of, not naughty underwear. ;)
It doesn't sound as if you need any help, but if you do, or simply want to share your wisdom then go to the Civ 2 General Discussions and Strategy and Tips forums where we are all trying to help one another out. Newbies need more help than others, but even we vets still learn a new thing or two now and then so it's definitely worth a visit! :goodjob:

Hey Im also new but my story's different
I learnt of Civ2 from a friend and got the Multiplayer edition and (before internet) would spend weekends over my house playing hotseat games. I had to learn really quickly and i developed a strat that would require massive and massive expansion turn to fundamentalism and swarm the world with fanatics (once i had so many the military advisor counter started over twice!!)

But after kicking my friends butts so much that they no longer play me, i find i cant play the AI with no more than Chieftain/Warlord and in Civ 3 theres no fundamentalism. I dont know how relevant this is but i just added this cause of the title. But i only get satisfaction from my civ if their convincingly kicking the opponents butt.

I remember playing at first. I was so horrible, but my friend taught me the ropes and i have been addicted ever since to Civ2

Congratulations to Vinylace for becoming the master. If you like the borg then you may like milking also - take a look at the GOTM scores.

Sgt_Ketchup - you will have to be content with Despotism until Communism. They are effective enough at conquest. However, you will find that C3 has a much richer world with the cultural, economic and diplomatic effects. For a challenge you should try to get a win by the other conditions - culture, diplomacy, domination, or spaceship.

My first game ever was playing the Germans.
I had colonized the half random map world but the Cathies kicked me out and I only got one city left.

My last game I was playing I were the Americans and only 2 other civs were over (the Vikings and the Mongols).
When we got in war with each other we nuked each so much that the world was covered with polution ;)...

Top Bottom