BeBa - Beyond Balance

Discussion in 'CivBE - Released Mods' started by albie_123, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Yarias

Yarias Chieftain

It looks like it may have been a conflict with one of them. I paired down to unit colors, colored tech web, simple clock, beba and previous trade route in red and things seem to be good now.

2. solinda

solinda Chieftain

@Albi123:

You should look into adding the quest fixes into your mod, I can't find the link to the post. Given they are bug fixes they probably should be included in any mod.

Also, you should seriously consider breaking the mod into components:
    1) Bug Fixes (Outposts and quests?)
    2) User Interface Changes (Iupht's mod, color coded tech web, building quests)
    3) Game Balance Changes
    4) Alien Balance (Defend Nests, Spawn Rates)

A lot of people are going to want your outpost fix and auto-declare war on victory condition, but they may not want the balance changes. This sounds like extra work, but I'm trying to echo what Thallacuss said about widening the audience.

Especially with those quest fixes, and that godly 'repeat' trade route button. Both are necessary features / bug fixes that don't affect game balance.

3. Winston

Winston Warlord

Hi guys, I'm glad you guys are trying to fix this game, someone needs to. Just a quick request; can you guys do something about the fences and the purity perk that give your units and buildings immunity to alien attacks - the immunity for explorers and trade units should not exist imo and the fences should just give defence bonuses vs aliens around the city. The current situation means that you can totally ignore aliens.

4. Tavric

Tavric Chieftain

There are mods for what you ask. Check steam workshop.

5. David12596

David12596 Warlord

Can you possible look into the AI giving up their cities for peace without me hardly have to do a single things other then have a stronger army then them? I know BoogieMan's AI Mod supposedly fixes this as do some mods in civ 5, but I'm not sure if Delnar_Ersike mod in this makes that change because I had a game a few days ago where the AI just gave everything up like candy.

Also might be worth asking if you are looking at incorporating some of the mods that fix some of the quest that sometimes can not be complete and other mods that add other QoL improvements? An example would be Vice Virtuoso mods.

6. testerke

testerke Chieftain

Hey,

I can't find the information about water combat. The AI in vanilla can't handle water tiles in combat.

1, The AI just think the water is a land and move embarked land units around the city. We know what happens with a land unit on water tile :)
    2, THe AI's water units are weak like hell.

So in your mod with all changes is the AI can handle water tiles in combat?

Thank you

7. Strategist83

Strategist83 King

Albie, I read one of your posts expressing frustration with BE. I can certainly understand that. I just want to let you know that your efforts are appreciated. It's such a strong move you immediately jumped on trying to improve the game. I hope you continue your work. You can't magically teach the AI to play or anything like that but you can certainly salvage the game to a point where it is very enjoyable. Keep it up. :)

8. Colwyn

Colwyn Chieftain

Is there a direct download i cant download it via steam comes up as a 27.7 k file unknown, just give us a link and install instructions please

ok got it the direct download from steam then place it in mydocuments/be/mods worked without going through steam

9. Ikael

Ikael King

First of all: massive congratulations to Albie for offering a much needed balance to what otherwise is an unfinished game. You rock! :goodjob:

Second, I have a suggestion to make regarding health balance:

- Give back to the Aristocrat the +1 Health bonus
    - Buff the medicians health output up to +2 health
    - Keep the -2 health penalty to manufactory

This way:

- You create an interesting strategic choice of cargo by buffing Aristocrats since extra energy is not that useful (they are by far the weakest seeding option)

- Medicians becomes a powerful cargo able to compete head to head against other options: Note how by buffing early health buildings you indirectly disminished the importance of health seeding bonuses

- Manufactories will almost require any of the aforementioned seeding options in order to be viable, thus making the seeding decision more relevant (no more "artists by default")

Other than that, your mod is frigging flawless

10. Baleur

Baleur Prince

I agree, its often more interesting in games when choices you make have a bigger impact than +1 this or +1% that. Even if the net result of both options is still 0, you create a bigger dynamic in what to go for first.

(+1 Health versus a -1 Health building, eventually you most likely will have both, cancelling out at 0)
    Compared to if both Buildings were +2 and -2, it would make a difference which you choose to build first. But with only 1 as the difference, its neglible to often not even make a difference. (as with +1 Culture from amphitheatres in civ5, despite the tooltip stating "gives a huge boost to Culture") :rolleyes:

11. David12596

David12596 Warlord

Will we be seeing some updates for this mod soon seeing that BE got patched today? I for one like the changes in this mod more then some of the changes the patch did. I feel sorry for all the modders that made the custom civs, cause now they need to change the value of all their cargo options to reflect the new changes. lol

12. Crimson13

Crimson13 Prince

A question here guys, any resource that spawns on a forest gets cut down correct? It seems to the case for me anyway.

Some resources in Civ5 that spawned on a forest (Furs, Truffles, Deer. Camps basically.) could allow you to keep the forest as well as improving the resource. Does anyone like using the same idea? The resources that appear in forests (That make the most sense to keep the forest by improving it.) are Chitin, Fruit, Resilin, and Tubers. Chitin and Resilin are improved via Paddock (Camp.) and Fruit and Tubers are Plantation.

Edit: Annnnnnnd, I'm an idiot. Seems like Chitin and Resilin don't take away the forest when improving. Jumped the gun there, sorry about that.

13. Acken

Acken Deity

The mod author hasn't posted on CFC for a month. And his last post is showing that he probably gave up on it:

14. llLeGioNll

llLeGioNll Chieftain

Need fix AI in new patch, AI not use mine for Purity antigravah (anti-gravitation) but have 10 points Purity. I think AI not teach tecnology for mine((.

15. David12596

David12596 Warlord

I know and I can understand what he meant, but the new patch has address a few areas which would mean a lot less work for him. I am looking at you health system. Of course it can use a bit more work, but still this patch did improve that area for example. Also I still like the direction this mod was taking the game then the base game, at least with trade and a few other areas.

16. kirbdog

kirbdog King

Given that the patch changed a lot about the base/vanilla game, are there any emerging points of view about what remains in need of modding? Other than the trade routes?

I'm just wondering if there are any other remaining gripes... and what they are.

17. Gort

Gort Emperor

Well, quests are horribly broken at the moment (EG: You don't get any affinity quests after turn 100) but Ryoga's fixing them.

I'd say the Battlesuit and CNDR units need something to make them more worthwhile at affinity level 6-10 - at the moment they're just infantry but worse. A very slight combat strength increase (maybe 28?) or some perks would be fine - they cost resources to build while infantry does not, so they should be a little better.

The game doesn't seem to last long enough - I feel like I'm just getting started and then I'm into the home stretch and have to focus everything on my victory condition. A longer middle section of the game would be good - perhaps push back the victory conditions to higher affinity levels and make Contact victory a bit more long-term as well.

On a smaller level, I would love it if the technology quotes carried on when you closed the window that they are associated with. I pretty much know what all the techs and affinities do, so whenever I play I keep getting half sentences out of the narrator and it's a shame.

Finally, I seem to be the only one who cares about the AI in multiplayer, but I would love it if the AI was capable of sending you offers during multiplayer games. I play a lot of games with one human player and a bunch of AIs so losing the AI interactions sucks.

18. Qbix

Qbix Chieftain

The amount of missing features and missed potential is immense. Go play Civ:V and you know what I am talking about. Combine this with everything that is being discussed in this forum and you will be frustrated about BE.

19. Gort

Gort Emperor

If it's possible, it would also be cool to see unique diplomatic text for all the leaders. It's a shame when they just say the same things.

It would also be cool if someone made a mod that used still pictures to make significantly larger changes to the leaders as they gained Affinities. I'd love to see bug-man Barre or cyber-Koslov rather than the "Elodie wears a green dress instead of a black one" that we get right now.

20. Meklorka

Meklorka Chieftain

Would you consider uploading this to here for those of us who have problems with steam? thanks.