1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Because it's never too early to start talking about the PS4

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by tombeef, May 13, 2006.

1. tombeef

tombeef King

Yep, you read that right, PS4. Some interesting, um, things, circulating.

Sony, as some people know, has patented video brain-feed techonolgy. "Sony has patened the process of beaming information directly into the brain, without surgery. This technology would make possible games in which you can see, touch and feel the environment. There's only one catch, they haven't actually developed the technology yet..." Source
    Article 2
    Another Article
    PS4 Google Hits

Also, nVidia and Sony appear to be working on a PS4 chip. So, any thoughts? Brain-feed gaming? Sign me up. Speculation, of course.

2. Kozmos

Kozmos Jew Detective

This is taking a turn for the worse,if I wanted a VR thingy I would have bought it.But when I buy a console all I want to do is just press some buttons and have fun, I'm not really looking for total immersion. That's for those everquest freaks that are like 30 years old and live in their parents basement. *shudder*

3. tombeef

tombeef King

I disagree, I think it would allow gaming to be what it meant to be, a source of entertainment, where, for a while, you can forget about the stress of everyday life and hang out with friends. Granted, the technology has not been developed yet.

4. Chris85

Chris85 Emperor

A little early to be thinking about systems that won't be out for another 5 or 6 years. :rolleyes:

The brain-feed Matrix VR thing is a joke right? It would be cool if they could make a fully immersible VR system, although it would be so wicked expensive that most people couldn't afford it.

Don't forget about the XBOX 720 and the Nintendo SuperEntertainmentWiiWiiRevolutionCube. ;)

5. Mr. Dictator

Mr. Dictator A Chain-Smoking Fox

i love how theyre going to put technology in that they havent even developed yet

seriously sony, keep some cards in your hand for a while, your stealing your own ps3s thunder by starting buzz for the ps4

6. vinstafresh

vinstafresh Prince

I won't touch such a system with a 10 foot pole. You'll need a very strong mind and personality to be able to distinct between the two in the end.