Become The Ultimate Dictator

KingArthur

Searching for the Holy Grail
Been toying around with another scenario idea inspired by the game Tropico.

CIVS
Spoiler :

10 in total: 4 non playable.
Non Playable:
Freedonia and Utopia are the Super Powers who you will have to be wary of because of their military might. Use cunning diplomacy to get them to take out your rivals.

The United Fruit Co. are after your bananas so watch out. They will produce treasure units (cargo) which you can then steal.

The Natives are weak but will be numerous (cheap settlers).

Playable:
Typical stereotypes abound each with a distinct flavour.

TECH TREE
Spoiler :

1 era but completely open in that you can research any tech in any order you choose.

Attachments

• ud_factions.png
    ud_factions.png
    306.2 KB · Views: 260
  • ud_techs.png
    ud_techs.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 279
Very nice, KingArthur, I like to see new cool scenarios in Civ3 like Cold War theme. I heard about the Tropico, the game, however i dint have a chance to play it.

Nice! Shouldn't Rufus T. Firefly be the leader of Freedonia, though? ;) I was also kinda hoping that Pthooey Adenoid Hynkel of Tomania might also make an appearance, but oh, well.

Looks interesting, in any case.

Sounds promising!

Reminds me also one of those very first "electronic" text-only-games for Spectrum called something like "The dictator", where you were confronted to a series of decissions, each one more impopular than the previous, until the people overturned you.

BTW: have you considered adding among all those "moustached" leaders a more "asiatic looking" dictator? ;)

@smirnoff - a cold war theme is what I'm aiming for. I might introduce a Nuclear Arms Race Victory in place of the Space Race.

@HT - yes I thought about that too but this Freedonia is based on USA, whereas Utopia is Soviet inspired.

@Don Pepito - You mean this? http://www.nrtoone.com/dictator/index.php

Top Bottom