1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Becoming more cultured

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game Revival: Citizens' started by DaveShack, Mar 22, 2009.

1. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Folks, we have been a little lax in our development of culture. Where are the stories, poems, and songs?

I propose using the knowledge of mysticism, given to us by the villagers who were camped across the river, to build a temple. Its construction will gather together our artisans who may then be motivated to enhance our culture and grow our influence in the surrounding lands.

2. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Hear, hear! I second the idea of a Temple. Rather see a Temple than a Granary.

"Cyc wanted a Temple
    Nothin' to fancy or simple
    Said it's somthin' we lack
    Others wanted a Granary
    Cyc thought what a painery
    and continued to back DaveShack"

An old Irish poet ~

3. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

With our palace in our capitol giving at least a little culture we may be better giving the first temple to one of our other cities who have nothing to keep the population amused.

4. DaveShack

Yes, I was thinking that Moira might benefit from our first official cultural project.

5. Ashburnham

Ashburnham Chieftain

Moira, First in Culture. I love it already.

6. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Yes, I'd rather see a Temple in Moira before a Granary is built there. ;)

I'm not presently in favor of building one, nor have I ever said that Tara is ready for a Temple. I just said that I would rather see a Temple before a Granary. You know with our reproductive skills, we will outgrow our neighbors. Remember that we are playing on a Standard Map using Continents. If we were playing one of my games (Huge Pangaea), I could see it.

7. DaveShack

Well, in a game play view we don't need temples for a long time, but early ones will make a 100K win a bit easier. :)

In a roleplay view, I hope the domestic minister of the time will push libraries and cultural wonders just as hard. :D