Bede02-The Rising Sun-C3C1.22

WOW, I just looked at the save. My only suggestion would be to find out if the old "Cheat" mode from Civ II is still available and become the Dutch.

Too far behind in techs for a space victory, and militarily outnumber by the Dutch. Assume your not positioned to go for UN either.

Under the LKendter rules can you starve your own cities to get the lux rate off of 50% to try to get your income up to be able to buy & steal techs like crazy?

DJMGator13 said:
WOW, I just looked at the save. My only suggestion would be to find out if the old "Cheat" mode from Civ II is still available and become the Dutch.

:rotfl: :mischief: :crazyeye:

Pre-flight – 1975 AD – Well we’re at war with almost everyone. :rolleyes: Something different. We’ve lost our Chinese spy and our English spy. That will be a priority. What’s going to happen if we fail, go to war? :lol:

It looks like Elizabeth is at war with the Dutch and the Chinese. Manchester was an English city last time I looked and now they’re learning to speak Mandarin.

Willy is at war with us and the Aztecs. The Dutch and the Aztecs look like they are trading cities.

MM for some extra cash.

I think the Aztecs are going to have their head handed to them. Willie has 289 MechInf, 17 tanks and Monty barely has squat… 5 tanks, 58 inf.

IBT – Willie drops off 11 units in our SW (1 cav, 1 tank, 6 mechs, 3 TOW) and Mao drops off a Modern Armor.

1. 1976 AD – I go through all our cities searching for artillery and find enough to knock at least one HP off of every invader. Use armies to hit the big defenders. Scout’s Horse Army takes out the Chinese unit and three Dutchmen. Bede’s Horse Army takes out two Mechs before being redlined and retired for the turn. Scout’s Cavalry is redlined taking out a tank and a TOW. And that’s it for armies? Wow down to three. That stinks. We lose an infantry taking out the remaining invaders, but they are removed from our lands.

Well that took a while. I hope we don’t see invasions like that too often. More MM gets us an extra 8 gpt.

IBT – Nothing.

2. 1977 AD – Spend 93g planting a spy in China, since I forgot to do that last turn. We’re in deep kimshi. Mao has 6 components complete on his spaceship and three in progress.
Plant a spy in the English capitol of Ningpo. :confused: Sure enough. It looks like Mao has turned the previous English capitol into a pile of rumble.

Lob a bunch of shells across the Shantung strait and bombard a Chinese fleet to red.

3. 1978 AD – More shell lobbing. We need approx 1600g for an immediate steal from England. So another 11 turns.

IBT – Catch a Chinese spy.

4. 1979 AD – It looks like Monty has taken a Dutch city on his mainland. Lizzy is taking it in the knickers. Her power curve is sinking quite rapidly.
Redline all Shantung defenders and destroy three buildings.

Liz will now give us straight up peace. We can get flight in the deal for our entire economy. We’ll wait on that one.

5. 1980 AD – Liz has lost another city. Shantung has a citizen killed. Looks like Mao will have an amphibious landing next turn.

IBT – Mao drops off a single MechInf.

6. 1981 AD – Kill the Chinese unit. Liz has lost another city. Mao now has 6 components complete and the remaining four in progress. I have no itea how to stop him. It costs almost 2Kg to sabatoge a city.

IBT – Aztecs declare on the Chinese. Nagasaki and Kyoto are nuked. No peace for Mao ever!! Crimes against humanity! We catch a Chinese spy and spread his various body parts among the radiation.

7. 1982 AD – Liz didn’t lose any cities that turn. Start the long road back to recovery from the nuking.
8. 1983 AD – Kill a Chinese Mech. Load up a new army with Infantry.

IBT – Mao drops off six units at the DH livery slaughterhouse. They add another component to the SS.

9. 1984 AD – Kill the invaders and place their bodies into our new nuclear waste dump.

IBT – Chinese add another component.

10. 1985 AD – Complete repairs at Nagasaki and Kyoto. Except for the lack of railroads and a lot of people, they are as good as new.

After Action – Not much to say. This one is almost lost, and there isn’t a lot to do about it.

Save: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/Bede2,_1985_AD.SAV

First time for everything, never been nuked before....

Got it and will play the hand.

I'd never been nuked before either. It was a bit shocking. You could see the missle hit your city and the whole screen shook. Ticked me off. [pissed]

The end has come.... :sad: with a whisper of Chinese warp drives, cranes in the moonlight. (The cowards did not wish to remain and face the Japanese Marine Corps)

The home island maintained its integrity to the end, was not violated by invaders again.

Peace came quickly in 1986 along with enough cash from the belligerents to finance the theft of flight from the English. Thirty peaceful years passed while the Dutch, the Chinese and the Aztecs practiced their military skills on each other. As soon as I could afford it I stole Amphib Warfare from the English and built a force of Marines for some wildcatting. Found some oil in the tundra on the island to the south and east in a town held by the Aztecs complete with harbor and population 2, but the Dutch captured it before I could get near to it so I needed to wait for a little ( a lot ) more force. In the meantime the
English grew annoyed a t our successful espionage and decalred war, but since they had no navy left there was little to be feared and nothing to be gained.

Then in 2018 the Chinese left the building forever....

Yet history shall remember us as Toranoga the Magnificent....

Well fought, gentlemen.

Excellent concept, as always, Brother Bede.

This game was truly enjoyable. To be honest, when we started I didn't think we had much chance given all the restrictions, combined with the handicaps. (and I've never been nuked either)

I think we gave it quite a run though. Sorry I couldn't stick it out till the end, but, well .... :rolleyes:

Well played. I hope to see you guys in another SG somewhere along the line. :)

This was the toughest war game I've fought (until SGOTM3).

Lots of tactical lessons here on defeating a superior enemy.

If we only had oil....

If we had the resources, I think we could have done it. Not having coal and oil really hurt.

If we had the resources, I think we could have done it

The real irony is...Kyoto must have either Aluminium or Uranium. The AI always nukes cities with strategic resources first (Nagasaki has Iron); no preference for the capital.
:cry:

Nice read, ugly game, well played! :goodjob:

Dang, we got nuked.

Top Bottom