Beelining for assembly line

NaZdReG

Warmonger
So an online buddy showed me the light today and I've started to think differently about late game techs

its entirely possible to get to assembly line at the same time your opponent gets to cannons depending on how they tech upwards. even in multiplayer

as china, now I go like this:

pottery, masonry, trade for bronzeworking, construction, trade for ironworking, get currency, hit 250 gold to get banking. (get lit), mathmatics, engineering, steampower, railroad, industrialization, assembly line.

now if you think you can deviate, picking up monarchy and invention for the great people is awesome. democracy either through trade or quickly researching, university to nullify great library and open up other techs.
building oxford is extremely helpful. usually will give you advanced flight or atomic theory.

from here you backtrack a little and pick up metallurgy, electricity, corporation, electronics, networking

if you've been able to build up a gold city, you should have the game well in hand at this point.

NaZ

NaZ do you mean Mass Production technology that gives you Modern Infantry?

Also what kind of victory is this strategy useful for? It looks like a kind of turtling where you can happily sit behind your Modern Infantry and tech/economic victory safely.

yeah I meant mass production.. the assembly line reference was an old throwback to civ 4 beeline to infantry.

if you get this far, and have a city maxed out on gold like my article suggests, you can quickly escalate though the tech tree and into space flight

I just finished an online game this morning, shocking the 2 who stayed in the game

after taking out the AI, and a brief skirmish with one of the players, I playing romans had 13 cities, some of them set up ICS style.

they were shocked when I literally rush bought a 13 part space ship and launched in the turn after I hit space flight. (every city in my empire contributed 1 piece rush bought, finished and launched on the next turn)

(and had rush bought the manhattan project only a few turns earlier.. went into anarchy for 1 turn to nuke my largest competitor's capitol, causing him to drop down to 1 pop)

I spent the rest of the game rush buying a modern infantry from every city every turn. and I rush bought the apollo project, unlocking the rest of the techs. I then used 2 stored great scientists to get the first 2 future techs for free

it was only 1970 so my spaceship arrived in 1985 or so. with 10 armies of modern infantry in my capitol behind a wall and boats defending it there was nothing my enemy could do to stop me before the spaceship hit

People shouldn't be "shocked" to see a spaceship launch in 1970, I don't think that's all that early.

People shouldn't be "shocked" to see a spaceship launch in 1970, I don't think that's all that early.

He could have been playing with 8 year olds.

yes a dedicated spacerace can technically be done much faster

and I've managed to shave about 50 years off my victory time with practice

you can get the world bank up or a spaceship out in the very early 1900's. I'm sure there are people out there who can do it in the late 1800's but you'd be hard pressed to do better than that.. especially in multiplayer where you have to worry about your defence a lot more

NaZ

I can show screen shots of a spaceship ready to launch in 1000BC, the game won't let you though it prevents the launch till 0AD

Its only possible in its money that matters senario (no handicap) just start with 1000 gold and if you know what your doing with rome its easy.

In normal multiplayer...

I read some more of your earlier posts and you can easily build world bank around 1000 AD or so without much fuss, its about getting a couple of techs ahead and maintaining it. Study Currency before 250 gold so you can get banking for free, sell units you don't need. Sometimes its easier to sell a caravan for 30gc than it is to move it to another city.

My Gamer tag is Grumbles AUS if you want to add me I can play some learning games with you to shave mass turns off your strat.

dont forget the ancient astronauts scnario! you start with several techs, so you could launch to space quick enough!

Top Bottom