Been away for a long time

Jheronimus

Warlord
Hey all, I have been away for a long time now, since I have other work to do and I was a bit bored with civving. But can you tell me is there anything known about a next expansion pack. I am very curious since I didn't watch for civ news for a while now, please update me with all the things you know about this subject.

By the way you native english speakers, is the first sentence spelled right. Esspecially the part "I have been away". Because I was used to write "I've been away", but my english teacher corrects that all the time into I have been away, but I've been away is also right, right?

"I have been away" is correct. Idiomatic usage allows "I've" as well. If you want to be a stickler for correct usage, use the word "because" in this instance rather than "since". Using "since" in the place of "because" is a common mistake among native English speakers so your use of it is understandable. The word "since" actually means "subsequent to." You can also drop the word "got" entirely. My novel writing professor says that the only time you should use "got" is in the sentence; "She was got with child."

That said, your English is excellent. It has been said of Americans that we speak only one language and that one badly. ;)

"I've" is just short for "I have". Like "I'd" is short for "I would". People from Missouri use that sort of english all the time. The improper kind that is. Hehe. We "done did" stuff here. Probably with "that there thing-a-mabob". :lol:

From what I have heard they are working on an expansion but none of this is from a Firaxian themself. So I don't know what stands as valid. So far, I have heard they are going to add some stuff to spies or mess with spies in some way. More civs sounds a safe bet and kind of expected from expansions anymore it seems. There was something else I thought too, like something to do with forts or culture or something.
Everything I have heard has been by a browse through a post or so. Sort of in a "He said She said" type of deal. Which always leads to "Firaxis said" but I haven't seen anything straight foward yet.

EDIT: Here is a link to a thread where people are talking about the expansion. I think that was where I 'heard' some of the things I was talkin about.

"I was away" is better, brevity being the soul of wit, and what not.

Even better just stating that one is back carries the inherent meaning that they've been away and allows more expository explanations in such mellifluous prose as:

"I am back after a prolonged and eventful absensce. "

Just sayin.

Top Bottom