Beginners Democracy Game

A Space Ostrich

Chieftain
I want to start up a demogame with some friends of mine. But having looked up how people tend to do them, it seems like it'd be a bit too long winded and slow for us. What are your tips on a shorter, more "traditional Civ5" demogame. Here's how I think I'll run it and you can make suggestions and whatnot.

Settings:
-Standard Time
-Raging Barbarians
-King AI (we don't have the players for a non AI game)
-Standard Number of Civs
-Large-Huge Map with a New World to colonise that we won't start on. Will likely use a scenario, recommendations here would be nice.

Diplomacy Rules + Guidelines
-Negotiated Borders
-Discouraged War
-Massive diplomatic gaffe to take homeland cities, new world colonies would be fought over.
-Favors and alliances. We will essentially keep track of favors the same way the AI in Beyond Earth does. As a resource to be cashed in. People who don't follow through on favors may be embargoed or worse.
-Justification is needed for war and conflict. Attacking without warning or attempts at diplomacy is heavily discouraged.
-Light/Heavy Roleplaying, depending on how it goes. Is kind of a given with this kind of game.

Hey, I'm sort of doing a game like this. There is going to be 5-7 people, with standard time, no AI's, regular barbarians, the map terra (we all start on one continent, and there's one empty content across the ocean to colonize)

As for the guidelines, we won't have any of those decided on before we play, but some of them come naturally: Such as discouraged war, borders, role playing, etc, etc, etc.

If your interested in joining, reply to this, if not, good luck in your search!

Are you guys talking about setting up a diplogame or will you have "teams" of people controlling a single civ?

If either of you are talking about a diplogame, do you have any spots left? I'd be interested if so

Cool, I'm definitely interested. I'll add you on Steam when I get home from work in a few hours!

Top Bottom