Beginning on Deity

Tiber4321

Prince
I've just started experimenting on my first games at Deity. I need a bit of advice. I've been missing on Hagia Sofia about 2 out of every three games. I know one shouild beeline Theo ASAP, but I find I need a few basic techs to get my cities up and producing. Animal Husbandry, Trapping, Pottery, Mining and Masonry are some of these. You need to develop at least one lux and probably two to avoid following into unhappiness once you build a second city. Other AIs are consistantly finishing HS in the low 80s (turn wise).

Any advice on how to deal with this? Should I sign expensive RAs that early in the game? If you don't have some of these early techs, you can run out of things your workers can do, which is obviously not good..

No, I'm playing standard, and I've given up all hope of building HG at Deity. Maybe I need to pare down a few of those early techs? AIs may not be building HS in the 80s everytime, but in my last game it was built on 83-standard.

HS by turn 100 is usually early enough IME. I would always take all the relevant lux techs before Theo, not so much to avoid unhappiness as to sell the luxes. If you miss HS, it's not the end of the world.

Top Bottom