Belgium: All Catholic Priests are Pedophiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles Teg

Nuclear Powered Mentat
Holy crap. The Belgian Government has just released the results of their inquiry, with reports of horrific child abuse from nearly every diocese and Church-run school. We're talking nearly 500 cases, with one of the victims being two years old!

For the record, the report didn't find any evidence that the Catholic Church in Belgium intentionally plotted to cover the abuse up, just that most bishops independently came to the conclusion that exposing a particular pedophile priest would be bad publicity.

Still, this is seriously wrong. And in case you didn't realize, this report is built in part on files that the Belgians had to raid Catholic offices for. That resulted in much ballyhooing by them. Really shows you where the Viceroy of Christ places his priorities.

Good for Belgium. If the Pope wants to complain about this, he's going to have to put a pretty strong argument on the table. There is no excuse for this, it's either a forgery or a real problem within the Catholic church that needs to be corrected, and the offenders purged, or excommunicated, whatever may be appropriate.

This is coming from someone who considers themselves Protestant (if religious at all) and from a Protestant family on both sides of the line, but how can this be anything but a serious problem?

:eek:

you were reported. Imagine someone making a thread about the recent finger-collecting affair titled "all american soldiers are war criminals". This is unfair and offensive towards a certain denomination.

Actually, I'd laugh my ass off at that, since two soldiers doesn't make a representative slice of the military. However, to quote the commission's findings:

"We can say that no congregation escapes sexual abuse of minors by one or several of its members,"

Usually I'm not for excessive punishment in order to deter but the guys who helped cover this up really do need extra long prison sentences. They should be tried as accomplices to child rape.

Every congregation does not equal every single priest, or "all priests".

But with that said, it is horrific. :(

Whats the rate of abuse amougst your school teachers. I bet it is not only higher, but touches every school inside Belgium, from primary through highshool.

Obviously all Belgium teaches are peadophiles. Where is your outrage?

you were reported. Imagine someone making a thread about the recent finger-collecting affair titled "all american soldiers are war criminals". This is unfair and offensive towards a certain denomination.

Maybe they should stop molesting little boys then?

Of course not. That's not my personal opinion, I'm just paraphrasing the findings of the Belgian government. :p

I guess you have problems with english, because "all catholic priests are paedophiles" is not even close to a paraphrase

Maybe they should stop molesting little boys then?

All priests do that? How come judging all by the few is right in this one specific case?

all preists are pedophiles
all muslims are terrorists
and
all OT civ posters are omniscient

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom