So I had 5 cities all pumping out tons of soldiers/dragoons and started adding elder statesmen and printing press/newspaper around 1610. I had all the printing press and newspapers in all cities done around 1630. I then had all 3 statesmen in each city around 1640ish. Each city had 60-80% independence by 1690, however my overall percentage when I went to the revolution screen was only 19%. By 1789, I had 95-99% independence in each of my 5 fully developed cities, I had the king at -16 anger, and yet I had only reached 29% on the revolution. My founding fathers screen showed I had all slots filled. What gives? Am I missing something here or is this yet another bug with this game ( I get the stuck popups one where you have to restart to get popups fairly often ). I started looking for independence in 1600, I think starting independence push around 1600 should be fine, what in the hell? At the rate I was going I'd have to start building bells as of the first turn. What is the point of even having an individual city independence meter if it means dittily squat next to the over all revolution/independence meter. I've got to be missing something???