1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Benefits of founding a religion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by essmene, Nov 6, 2016.

1. essmene

essmene Warlord

I wrote a small guide for religion on reddit

In all games so far I did found my own religion, this game I thought I would adopt the religion from somebody else, but if you do not found a religion of your own you cannot

• enhance a religion you adopted - even if you killed its founder and have its holy city
    • you cannot use the apostle holy war ability to enable Inquisitors
    • Use "Casus Beli: Holy war" - Which has a significant lower war monger penalty than other options
    • Ask your contacts to stop spreading their religion
    You may not be aware of those options - E.g. Casus Beli do not show up if you did not denounce the target.

Maybe this is new information for some people.

2. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

3. essmene

essmene Warlord

I don´t have any. I _believe_ multiple cities (3x4) will create greater pressure than one size 12 city. But I have no idea how to expose how the game handles pressure.

For missionaries I use past experience. E.g. a single missionary will flip a pop 4 city without a religion, but if a religion is present it takes more tries. Next thing would be how the combat strength translates into converted population - a damaged unit will show smaller conversion values.