Bermuda Triangle?

Redcoat1

Warlord
Learn something new every day it seems.
Lost a fully loaded Carrier (Jets no less) to a new threat - the Bermuda Triangle.
Luckily I had 4 other Carriers so no substantive tactical impact but sheesh.
Perhaps it was triggered because i was stationed in the same ocean square for 15 or so turns pounding the AI?

Nope- just the RNG screwing with you:

Event55
Bermuda Triangle
Prereq: 1 DESTROYER or BATTLESHIP or MISSILE_CRUISER or STEALTH_DESTROYER or SUBMARINE or ATTACK_SUBMARINE or CARRIER or TRANSPORT on Ocean plot AND FLIGHT
Obsolete: None
Active/Weight: 50/100
Result:
1.Unit is destroyed

(From ori's list)

It's totally random, and it's one of the reasons a lot of Civvers play with events off. I've heard of one instance where an intercontinental invasion fleet (thousands and thousands of hammers' worth of ships, planes and ground forces) was wiped out, and another where somebody had all the nukes left in the world, post-nuke-ban, hidden on some subs, only to lose the subs.

Nope- just the RNG screwing with you:

Event55
Bermuda Triangle
Prereq: 1 DESTROYER or BATTLESHIP or MISSILE_CRUISER or STEALTH_DESTROYER or SUBMARINE or ATTACK_SUBMARINE or CARRIER or TRANSPORT on Ocean plot AND FLIGHT
Obsolete: None
Active/Weight: 50/100
Result:
1.Unit is destroyed

(From ori's list)

It's totally random, and it's one of the reasons a lot of Civvers play with events off. I've heard of one instance where an intercontinental invasion fleet (thousands and thousands of hammers' worth of ships, planes and ground forces) was wiped out, and another where somebody had all the nukes left in the world, post-nuke-ban, hidden on some subs, only to lose the subs.

Clearly that event can't cause either of those things... If they can happen (and are not Civ urban myths), something else is to blame. :)

Obviously

It's

Aliens

Learn something new every day it seems.
Lost a fully loaded Carrier (Jets no less) to a new threat - the Bermuda Triangle.
Luckily I had 4 other Carriers so no substantive tactical impact but sheesh.
Perhaps it was triggered because i was stationed in the same ocean square for 15 or so turns pounding the AI?
I disable this event, as well as the "barbarian uprising" ones. Allegedly it's only supposed to destroy two Destroyers, but... yeah.

Every time I have one ship outside of my borders and leave it there for quite a long this thing will happen :mad:

Hmn, quite funny that I've been playing civ for months but never4 experienced this event.

I remember I read something about bermuda triangle on the cd cover, coming back to the day I purchased civ4. Ahh, the excitement. :rolleyes:

Now I am concerned that as I wander the wilderness I will be ambushed by a raging horde of Sasquatch (Sasquatchi, Sasquatches?).

Sure, Bermuda Triangle makes for a convenient "official story."

Open your eyes, sheeple. Anybody with a clue could tell you that it was really
Spoiler :
The Loch Ness Monster.

Top Bottom