1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Berserk--Too powerful?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Yaype, Jul 2, 2003.

?

Is the berserk unit too powerful?

1. No. Its cost counters its abilities.

31 vote(s)
    64.6%
  2. Yes. Nothing can defend such a high attack until Nationalism and Riflemen.

16 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Make a better poll. (To those who answer this one, I apologize in advance.)

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  1. WilliamOfOrange

WilliamOfOrange King

Nothing better than loading up your galleys with Berserkers and demolishing a civs coastline. I feel the defense ability reflects the historical role they played. If you want to keep that city, bring some pikemen in two. The cost is balanced with the abilities I feel, but let's keep them in the tech tree where they are.....it doesn't make much sense, but they shouldn't be available that early, they should take same effort to reach

2. Evincar

Evincar Iron works is a legend!!

Don't look for balance in Civ3, this is not warcraft where every single balance flaw is whined till it gets boring. Some things can be overpowered, just live with it ;). Look at those gross unbalances for example:

Smith's trading company: already very good, became overpowered in PTW thanks to stock change.

Hoover Dam: wonder WAAAAY overpowered.

Great wall: an useless wonder.

Marines, Helicopters, Man'o'war, F15, etc: Units WAAAY underpowered.

Samurais, Riders, Inmortals: Total gamebreakers in their ages.

So who cares if the berserker is overpowered :p