Berserks01 - Be My Vassal (Round 2)!!!

Alright, this is a "got it" then. Will play early tomorrow.

Sorry guys I goofed and should have gone for writing instead of Animal Husbandry. I don't know just like horsies I guess. That's even after agreeing with Fox on IW ->writing. I was kind of hoping we had horses near by as they do help.

Cosmichail said:
Oh that's what happened with Freddie. I notice too now with patch that's even more difficult. So what do we do we those jerks settling so close. Mehmed I understand but Gandhi ARGH!!!!!
I'm guessing that area east of Ghandi's city is still open. We might be able to cultural influence it to our side..... or just let Ghandi develop it for us :p for when we take it.

It looks open but we won't know unless we scout it out. I wondered about that and think that the other AI's have pushed him to settle out so far.

I agree with Frank we need room to grow.

Not much going on at the moment. Moved the fortified quecha to rescout the land down south to see how it's settled.

Pottery comes in, starts Writing.

Ragnar comes asking for OB, I agreed. It appears that the city to our east is Viking, not Indian.

As suspected, not alot happened. We have a settler coming out of Cuzco in 3 turns, I honestly don't know where to send him. We might be able to put him somewhere in the east. We have OB with Ragnar (he built that city next to us to grab the iron), I'm sending the fortified quecha from Tiwanaku to scout his land. The scouting quecha can replace it once it makes it way back. Our first scouting quecha is "stuck in distant land" boxed in by Brennus and Ghandi.

Roster
berserks01 - {just played}
Bede - UP
frankcor - {on deck}
DevilJin
Cosmichail
GreyFox

The current layout of our land is pictured below.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 138
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    228.5 KB · Views: 121
frankcor said:
Do you think iit would hurt to take just one itty bitty city from Mehmed? Or would he still go Frederick on us?
Not sure. It's tough to calculate whether they'd capitulate later on if we start the war with them this early in the game.

Got it for today, but first some research into the behavior of potential vassals.

In my experiences so far, I have not been able to get an AI to capitulate once I declare on him before Vassallage becomes an option. I'd usually build 2 cities and build up a small army for a quick grab of good city sites from the AI, then make peace.

Does anyone else have similar or different experience?

berserks01 said:
In my experiences so far, I have not been able to get an AI to capitulate once I declare on him before Vassallage becomes an option. I'd usually build 2 cities and build up a small army for a quick grab of good city sites from the AI, then make peace.

Does anyone else have similar or different experience?

That seem to be pretty general, then, and matches what we saw in Be my Virgin (er, Vassal) 1

GreyFox said:
:lol:

Then, we are pretty toasted here ... we do not have enough space to grow, and Vassalage is a long long way away ...

we should probably open border with Gandhi and settle past him in the east.

--
That's Ragnar's city, not Ghandi. And we do have OB with him. So settling past his city is what I planned.

Of course that would make sense that we can't get vassal before vassalage but just didn't think of it. Could we not though just declare on let's say Mehmed take two cities and make peace. If he is quite small he might even ask to be vassal if we are big enough later on. I suspect once we scout that area east it's might be settled. Just a thought and isn't that what you are saying Berserk. I think we can still settle on the west coast too, just west of Tiwanaka.

Cosmic, I think what we meant was that based on BMV1's experience, a civ you had war with before Vassalage is enabled would be very unlikely to agree to capitulate in subsequent war.

Alternative is to declare war now (or when we are ready) and never have peace until we learnt Feudalism.

--

Thanks Greyfox for clarifying that. That makes it tricky then as like you said since we are long way off from vassalage. Btw Greyfox you have a safe and pleasant flight. (PS I get seriously bored flying to Europe from Canada I can't imagine what it's like for 24 hrs.)

One of the things I have learned about Warlords 2.08 in this game and others is that the Other nations expand out like rabbits, lemmings. They are like bobos in paradise, breeding and building McMansions all over the place. Now that I've got that off my chest.....

Took the settler and sent him east across Vikingland, right into the teeth of a barbarian warrior

Luckily he was preceded by a John the Baptist sort of Quecha and the warrior turned tail and ran, only to confront another Quecha coming up from the other side of the Inland Sea; he did not survuve that encounter and Macchu Pichu was built between the iron and the rice hoping to keep both and the lone citizen is working on a monument, while a worker dispatched from Tiwanaku is digging a mine on the iron. When the time is ripe whip that monument

and follow it with a terrace. The Quecha are a -heading north into the jungles to see waht they can see. Our other explorer has reached the edge of China after checking out most of India and should either head into Celtic lands or just come home.

The capital whipped a workboat and set to segue into another settler to settle into whatever the Quechas in the east happen to find, which will probably be more Vikings in the jungle up on the peninsula. There is a decent spot that might get us horses and some more cottage grounds with the application of some serious jungle clearing.

The worker now at Tiwanaku has developed that ground and should come home to the capital and start putting up little houses of ticky tacky (cottages) everywhere flat, and once the capitol grows its settler we need a library in there soonest and start running two scientists for either an Academy or a lightbulb. The Inca are Financial and we need to get maximum mileage from cottages and coastal tiles at the capitol and with two work boats in the water there is pretty strong whip bait there too, and the only way we will ever get hammers in that burg. And it needs a terrace too!

Tiwanaku is pumping out troops, mostly Quecha for exploring the jungle and garrisons with the occasional axe handler or sword swallower thrown in.

On to conquest fellow Inca, it is going to be uphill battle. The research path was set to Alphabet, though I debated a Feudalism beeline so we could maybe start hurting some neigbors with Quecha, but I restrained myself.

Good turns there Bede. You're right, we can probably grab another spot to secure horse and cows if we're quick.

Roster
berserks01
Bede - {just played}
frankcor - UP
DevilJin - {on deck}
Cosmichail
GreyFox

Top Bottom